North Boston MA newbie saying hi (and in search of 2 welsummer pullets)

eotoole

Hatching
Mar 23, 2015
Lexington MA
Hi Boston area chicken owners! I'm a Lexington MA area resident, and unexpected owner of a Welsummer hen.

My spring project was sprung early on me, as my daughter just rescued (from the pot) a Welsummer hen of uncertain age and laying abilities. She's pretty docile and sweet... the hen that is.... not my daughter. Since hens are social, I'm anxious to get two more hens... preferably Mareks vaccinated pullets. Roosters are a no-no for my suburban garden. 3 hen coop is under construction and a movable predator proof run will immediately follow.

Any help in sourcing Welsummers in the Eastern MA / Southern NH area appreciated. Other N.E appropriate (hardy) breeds with good laying abilities will be considered.... as long as they're vaccinated, not overly broody, and female. Pullets or older chicks (reliably sexed) preferred.

Also, more generally.... Hello to any other backyard chicken peeps in my area!

Eoin

Hi :welcome Eoin

Glad you could join the flock! How nice of your daughter to rescue the hen. Once you have a post count of 20 you can participate in the buy sell trade section. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Also drop by your state thread in the where am I where are you section of the forum for other chicken people in your area https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Wishing you the very best of luck in your search for some friends for your new hen.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

I hope you can find more Welsummers! Good luck with your rescued hen.

Please don't accept this as Gospel but, I have read if you add birds that have been vaccinated for Mareks, it can cause Mareks in a bird (you rescued hen) that was not vaccinated. Please visit the Marek's threads for clarity on this.

Back
Top Bottom