North Carolina - How many fellow North Carolinians are here?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by 6275Smith, Feb 8, 2015.

1. 6275Smith

6275Smith Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey ya'll. I'm in Vale, NC which is near Hickory. We had to give up our chickens a couple of years ago but have moved to a new place with space for some more. I don't have any chickens yet...(the incubator is full, though [​IMG] ) Where are the fellow Carolinians and what are you growing?

Eric

2. Bindigirl45

Bindigirl45 New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Hi Eric,Thanks for saying hi on my thread,when are your chickens due ? And what do you have ?

3. 6275Smith

Hi Cindy,
    As of now, I don't have any chickens but I do have eggs in the incubator. They just went in yesterday so I'll just have to try to be patient for about the next 20 days. If all goes well, I'll have Welsummers, Orpingtons (Buff and Black/Lavender Split) and Marans of a couple of colors. Up until 2 or 3 years ago, I had Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps and Barred Rock hens with one surprise chick from the hatchery which turned out to be a White Jersey Giant rooster that was mean as a snake. A bobcat got into the pen and wiped them out plus a couple of moves have kept me out of the chicken business but I'm ready to go again.

What part of Australia do you call home? It seems like a beautiful country. I've never been there but it's at the top of my list of places that I would like to visit.

Anyway, I hope your incubation goes well the rest of the way. Keep us posted!

Eric

4. vet

vet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    bessemer city nc
    I live about 35 mins. from you in the out skirts of Cherryville Nc. I just started back my self. Enjoying it myself. What part of Vale do you live. I got to Indian BC right off Pete Protor's place.Near reesville rd.

5. 6275Smith

I live in Catawba county near Banoak school just off Hwy 10. I'm a little bit familiar with the Bessemer City/Cherryville area. Now that I'm a little closer I need to learn the area a little better.

6. vet

Nov 23, 2008
    bessemer city nc
    years ago we from NC used to go to the parking lot of PetSmart in the spring and fall and have a trade, buy or sell there. We really had a good time. I got some of my old group from up there. You could get eggs, chicks and older chicken up there. We came from all around NC and SC to this even. It is a shame that we couldn't start another one. Everyone left there happy and really enjoyed their self up there.

7. vet

Nov 23, 2008
    bessemer city nc
    yes I know where HWY 10 is I got to Catawba Bc for field trials up that way. What can of Chickens do you have?I have Blue Copper Marans, Blue weahton wyadotts.Blue wyandotts also. Just got some Light Brahams chicks. Tried setting some eggs from The blue Weathton Amercana and Blue Lace Red Wyandotts but nothing hatch. Will try them again, if I can find some chicks. Supposed to get some chicks of Lav Orp. in April. up in Taylorsville. I was looking for a trio of EE hens for My EE rooster because I hate to do away with such a fine Bird as he is. How about you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by