North Carolina joins the band of Controlling Back Yard Chickens

John Henry Jr

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 31, 2014
Hello y'all Chicken Lovin' Folk! :)

Ok, I'm not one to spend much time on this Puter thang! It's NOT my social life! But like any other tool it certainly has its perks. But a heads up on North Carolina for Back Yard Chicken owners, in some counties I'm hearing that the FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION is nosin round our back yards, bringing us all within their, "Political Correctness" pigeon hole. Personally, I think that they're trying to use this hogwash as another CONTROL over us all. Stupidity is incurable but Ignorance is cured by becoming educated and informed. So I don't have all the right answers because I may not even know the right QUESTIONS! As a community of Back Yard Chicken Raisers and Lovers we certainly need to learn "What's Up" with those "Revenuers" and "Egg-Spurts" and UNITE OURSELVES and our COMMUNITIES before they yank the rug out from under us. Fact! Our Government is trying to take away our liberties and freedom of choices by using LAWS concocted to control us. It's not so much the "Chicken Disease" but a way of discouraging us, "We the People" from being able to care for ourselves! The Big Conglomerates are fast discouraging our, "Competition" and want to put the Kai-Bosh on our Back Yard Chickens. Another threat, yet to be realized but none-the-less lurking in the dark is the fact that Huge Corporations, (One beginning with Mon****o) is deliberately trying to completely stop us from buying our own seed to discourage home grown gardens. Don't take my word for it, look it up for yourself. They want to eventually create a commercial environment whereby the "BIG BROTHER" hand feeds us and not WE OURSELVES. It starts just like the controversial controls and limitations we're reading about. Most big earthquakes start with small rumblings. I'm not one of those verities of hermits anti-Government recluses but just another friendly citizen and neighbor who wants to be well informed! I do believe, however, that they will dish out as much or more baloney than we will tolerate. I absolutely LOVE my livestock, chickens, ducks and all. I love giving our fresh jumbo delicious back yard chicken's eggs to friends and neighbors. Some sell for profit and/or to compensate the cost of raising and feeding the critters, no fault to them, it's ALL GOOD. So as Forest Gump said, "THAT'S ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT!"

N.C. now wants us th reqester our flocks, so they can find us in case fo bird flu. No matter that bird flu is, from all I have seen, part of large operations and NOT much of a issue for little guys. N.C. has also joined tha AG-GAG states, that it you rat-out conditions on a factory farm,or farm, you butt is in trouble. We also have protected poluters from liabliity, and seems a bit odd, as our Gov was a power company ex. This is from the anti-regulations republicans mostly.

The larger problem, as I see it, is . C O N T R O L and P O L I T I C S as usual. I believe that the Big Brother is creating diseases that hardly exist but another ploy to seize control of the average person. Unfortunately it doesn't begin or stop here but blends itself with every facet of our lives. One morning we awoke to the fact that our liberties have VANISHED. If you can't see this then your like an Ostrich with its head in the ground. I believe that there is an AGENDA out there which starts far more deeply than in the White House or Congress or the Senate. It's trickled down to our local government who "carry out" the demands placed on their particular agencies. I don't sell my eggs to anybody. I use them and give some to friends, relatives and neighbors. All of my chicks are free roaming except to roost for the nigh securely, and my ducks the same. I care for them diligently and feed them only the best and fresh clean water every single day. I'm tired of being bullied by Big Government where "We the People" has been voted down to "Eat it an LIKE IT". It's come down to the fact that Animals have more sense than humans. Where they live as God created them to live we have somehow exempted ourselves. So much for my Soap Box Diatribe. Hate me if you like but SOMEBODY had better start standing up for something or we're all going to get run over! Back Yard Chickens and all! Does anybody remember, "United We Stand"? "Divided We Fall?" One day on "Peanuts" Charley changed the channel that Lucy was watching and Lucy replied, "Charley, do you see these five fingers here on my hand? Apart they can't do very much but when I hold them close together, they become a FORCE TO BE RECONED WITH! .

Back
Top Bottom