North central TX Roos?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BantyHugger, Aug 9, 2008.

1. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I'm aching for a roo. Any body up here got some that need homes? Standards only please. My banty roo is too small to help the big girls. [​IMG]

2. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    how far is that from houston? ive got what we believe to be an easter egger roo but were not too sure if its a roo yet but well see

3. 1WildHairL8tr

1WildHairL8tr Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2007
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Oh Banty, I wish I could help you.
    I have a beautiful cuckoo maran roo that I need to get rid of, but we've had CRD here and I just couldn't take the chance of spreading it.
    Good luck to you, I know you'll find a beauty!
    Cathi

4. BantyHugger

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I'm a ways from Houston. (6 hrs) Whats CRD? If you can get it cleared up and keep all your birds in good health for about 2 months i might still be interested.

5. 1WildHairL8tr

1WildHairL8tr Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2007
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Banty~
    CRD is a horrible upper respiratory infection. All of my chickens are clear and symptom free now, but every once in a while I will still hear a sniffle or a sneeze and worry.
    I just resigned myself to not being able to sell eggs or trade chickens because of it.
    Edited to say: So, I shouldn't have said anything to begin with. Sorry!
    You would have to do your research to see if they become carriers once they have it.
    I would hate for your chickens to get sick because of my boy.
    Such a shame tho, because he's a beauty. I also have a blue polish roo and a OEGB roo.
    Good luck!
    Cathi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  6. BantyHugger

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Gorgeous Roos. I think your right though, i wouldn't want to spread illnesses either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by