North Georgia: Lucky Meat Chicken Needs Second Chance in Loving Home -

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TirzahMarie15, May 16, 2011.

1. TirzahMarie15

TirzahMarie15 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Hi everyone!

My name is Tirzah and I live in Dawsonville, Georgia. I have a rescue situation on my hands, and have come to the forum hoping to find a loving home for a very sweet and very lucky chicken. As I'm sure many of you know, there are quite a few chicken trucks around here, and recently I picked up a lucky little guy who had toppled out of one, and ended up along the side of the road. I'm pretty sure the chicken is a male, although he is young so I'm not 100% positive. He has become so trusting and sweet, and has already beaten the odds by not making it to his final destination that day on the truck. Now I am trying to help him finish his journey to a place he can live out his life in peace with other chickens, and be treated with kindness and care. If anyone would like to help this guy out and provide him a loving home, I am definitely willing to drive quite a ways to get him to a kind place. Please feel free to email or call anytime!

Email: [email protected] Phone: 443-465-5269 Thank you all so much for your time!

Sincerely,

Tirzah

2. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    How kind of you to help out this lucky little chick. I hope someone has the ability to help you out with this. On behalf of the little life you saved, thank you.

3. mlward

mlward Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2010
    Tuscarora, NY
    Lucky chicken to have found you! Wished I lived closer... [​IMG]

4. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    How kind!! I wish I wasn't so far away!
    Welcome to BYC
    From Utah
    QP

5. Kbagwell1

Kbagwell1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    How far are you from Augusta?

6. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    Thats so sweet of you for rescuing him! I hope you can find him a great home!

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!!! [​IMG]

8. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck finding Mr. Lucky a new home.

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

10. TirzahMarie15

TirzahMarie15 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Thank you all so much for the thoughtful emails and posts - it feels wonderful to have the support of others who care about these unfortunate creatures. He already follows me all over the place and sits in my lap to be petted - he is such a special animal. I know that with time there will be physical challenges for him, and that he may need very special care. Right now I am trying to decide if maybe it would be possible for him to stay with me, but I have some things to figure out first. Whether he stays with me or is adopted, I promised him he will never be mistreated again, and I'm confident after hearing from the forum members that this was the perfect community to come to! You guys are wonderful! Thank you again! p.s. - I'm about 3.5 hours from Augusta, but if I cannot keep him here, I will drive or meet someone far away if it means he will loved and be able to live out his life in a nice home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by