North Ridgeville Ohio Fines chicken owner

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Mattemma, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Not sure if this video link will work.

http://www.woio.com/global/video/fl...ageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv&rnd=19733771

I had to laugh when a neighbor said,"My daughter can't sleep due to those roosters roosting." I know he meant crowing.Gave me a good laugh. I feel for the man BUT if he has a lot of roosters on a small lot I would think that might be a noise issue. Not sure if the city has the right to make him get rid of all the chickens.The city says he does not have enough land to have chickens.I do not know the law there.I sure hope he does and finds a way to follow it downsizing if need be.I really doubt he can't have any at all.Usually 3-6 in the city.

Here is an article:
    http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/01/feud_escalates_in_north.html

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    OK I just read the article completely and if it is true it seems to me the man has issues with his neighbors way beyond the hens.Poor hens are caught in the middle!

I like that fenced in area for the hens.Wonder how they are getting out and into the neighbors yards.

3. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    From what I can see in the video he does have an awful lot of roosters, and in nearly every clip you heard one crowing ( unless they placed that in there for effect ) I think he should have consideration for his neighbours and get rid of the roos, hopefully he can still keep the hens, I had to do this when I hatched 4 eggs and two turned out to be roos when I got a complaint from a neighbour, still kept the hens and got no more complaints, he looks like he has a fair bit of land, more than I do anyway so can't think that is an issue? and I also don't see how they are ending up in other peoples gardens with all that netting? though I guess he may have put that up after they got out, he may be lucky if he can keep any of the birds now the way he is going about it!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by