*North Shore* greetings, from the Girls and me.... :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sue d, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Sue d

Sue d Just Hatched

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good evening guys. Warm greetings from the north shore of MA. And since it's still about 80' out, I can say that literally as well as figuratively!

My name is Sue and I am completely green regarding chickens! I have had 6 since they were 3 days old and they turned 4 months yesterday. They are quite enjoyable and my only regret is that I didn't know how much, or I would have gotten them years ago!

Looking forward to educating myself further and thank you, in advance for any info and help with potential questions I know I'm going to have!

All the best. stay cool...

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Sue and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Sue d, and :welcome. Happy you joined our community! Best of luck to you and your chickens. Sounds like you're having the time of your life! :D

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Sue nice to meet you. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you joined us. And congrats on getting your own flock.

I know what you mean, wish I had started this adventure earlier as well.

The early days are so much fun, but even as they age, they still are interesting and a wonderful addition to enrich our lives.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Sue d

Sue d Just Hatched

thank you all, for the "welcomes".

and yes, although I did start late, I'm glad I at least started with the chickens... after seeing so many horrible vids on chickens being "raised" on factory farms, it's great to be able to give love to my own birds and to know that they will only ever be showed kindness and compassion. they're such a joy!

thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by