NorthEast Arkansas Chicken Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Marion07, May 8, 2016.

1. Marion07

Marion07 New Egg

May 8, 2016
    Northeast Arkansas
    Hello. I'm William. I just got the urge to start with chickens last week. Went out and got 11 Rhode Island Reds and made a home brooder from some plywood, pine needles, and a red heat lamp. I'm about 3/4 done building a 4x12 coop with run that I plan on turning into a chicken tractor. I'm here to find information for building a watering and feeding system as well as stealing some ideas for trim and color options for the coop.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi William and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre (even if you have lots of experience)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

The Coops section and "Coops and Runs" forum will be great sources of inspiration for completing your coop / run.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

All the best
    CT

3. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    :woot

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG] and Welcome to BYC!
    Please make yourself at home! I would definitely check out the links CTKen gave you!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you William, welcome to Backyard chickens. " Stealing" is such a awful word, I'm sure you are just "appropriating" ideas like we all do.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by