Northeast Ohio

HoffertHatchery

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
NW ohio
Hi, I'm located in North East Ohio and raise Australorps, Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, White Leghorns and a few other breeds. I was wondering If there is anyone else who lives in my area that may have the same breeds to help make my flock more diverse, or if anybody was raising a breed I would be interested in getting into. Also is there anyone near me that may have some nice Khaki Campbell ducks?

Thanks, Pat

Hi Pat-

I'm in North Eastern Ohio, but, I don't have the breeds you listed. I've got several different breeds, just a few of each. I hope to breed some Golden Laced Wyandottes next spring, as well as some Cream Brabanters.

Right now I have a few Buff Orps, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 BCM, three GLW, 3 EE, 1 RIR, 4 Brabanters, 1 white mutt, and one BR. All are hens except two Cream Brabanters and 1 GLW.

My EEs are supposed to be Ameraucanas, but you know how that goes sometimes. Still they're really pretty hens.

So anyhow, nice to meet you!

Sharon

Sharon, yeah i know exactly how that goes. When I decided to get chickens again after moving to Oberlin where chickens are legal, I ordered Ameraucanas from Meyer and they turned out to be EE's. They are still very pretty birds though, and I love the color of their eggs. Also, speckled Sussex are one of my favorite breeds of birds! I've raised both Sussex and Golden Laced Wyandottes they're both very pretty birds.

The Speckled sussex pullet is GORGOUS! I think she is the prettiest chicken I've got so far......I have gotten all of my chicks from the Meyer Hatchery, except the Brabanters. If I want chicks, I just drive there because I'm only an hour away, plus I ususally get small orders. It's nice that you can get all pullets if you want.

Well, welcome and keep in touch!

Back
Top Bottom