northeast Texas Silkie rooster

dstinett

Songster
5 Years
Mar 21, 2014
Jefferson, TX
7 month unbearded Silkie rooster needs new home. Free

A friend of mine is in Linden, TX working on family property for the weekend. She likes chickens and ducks and we often talk about our flocks! I will ask her if she would like to give him a home! (If not, I'll have to decide if I want to drive out there to see her and pickup the rooster myself!)

Well, I tried. She's not interested... afraid his feathers will get filthy because her ducks like to play in the mud a lot.

I think he's so cute! I'm really wrestling with whether I want to drive out there to get him...

Well, I tried. She's not interested... afraid his feathers will get filthy because her ducks like to play in the mud a lot. 

I think he's so cute! I'm really wrestling with whether I want to drive out there to get him...
Awww. he free ranges and always stays clean. I've never had problem with dirty birds. even my white Cochin stay clean. where are you located?

I'm in Caddo Mills (actually closer to I-30 than the city of Caddo Mills). I'm wrestling with: If I get the rooster, he's gonna be the smallest chicken here...my sex links are pretty large. I would love him, but I have a feeling he'll won't be loved by the others...especially since he's got the fluffy feathers that might be so fun to peck at. And I've got family visiting until 5 or 6 pm today.

But, on the other hand, I could leave at anytime after that and be welcome to spend the night in Linden and enjoy time with my friend until late Sunday afternoon. It would be more convenient for you to meet me in Linden. I even thought of an easy place to meet...there's a flea market (more like a store where they sell lots of junk) at the intersection of Hwy 59 and FM 2683 (south of Linden).

What's your schedule like?

Well, I haven't been able to get ahold of my friend since I thought about driving out there. I've been trying for hours. I really don't want to travel through those areas of little or no cell phone reception and show up without her even knowing that I'm coming. So, FYI if she doesn't answer...this might not work out.

Back
Top Bottom