Northeastern Ohio- blue EE roo and black EE pullet

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by chixmaidservice, Dec 30, 2015.

1. chixmaidservice

chixmaidservice Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2013
    My kids are telling me I have to get rid of our EE roo. Our coop is very close to our house and there is a grocery store on the other side. The roo interprets the grocery parking lot lights that come on at 4:30 am as "here comes the sun". He is a very proud and happy boy crowing his head off well before 5 am. He is only about 6 mos old and is a lovely grey blue color with rusty red wing patches and some lovely golden neck feathers. Being so young he is still ignored and chased to a low position in the pecking order by the older hens. He is very sweet to his hatchmate, a black EE pullet (not a sibling as I bought 2 fertile eggs to put under a broody), and I am offering both to a good home. Since he is scarlet and grey his name is Buckeye and hers is Shadow.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    I am so sorry that your kids want you to get rid of him. I would defenitaly keep him, and if you absolutely need to, put a no-crow collar on him.

3. chixmaidservice

Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks for the advice, I was totally unaware of rooster collars, just did some quick reading and will try a childs sock top tonight. At least you may have given me a solution if no one wants him and his hatchmate.

4. calpal212

calpal212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2015
    Southern Colorado
    I would have taken them... Darn

5. chixmaidservice

Oct 13, 2013
    Calpal, I would love to rehome him and his best girl to someone that wants some green eggs and blue chicks- I do not want to ship them all the way to Colorado though. How had you planned to get them?

6. calpal212

calpal212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2015
    Southern Colorado
    Shipping... It's ok, best of luck, hope you find him a great home!

7. chixmaidservice

Oct 13, 2013
    Bumping this- no one interested in a beautiful cockerel with a point of lay pullet thrown in to sweeten the deal? Both free... Pick up or willing to meet w/ in reason

8. SeraCross

SeraCross Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2015
    What city? I live on a farm in Columbus, PA (NW PA) and would love some green eggs. :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  9. chixmaidservice

Oct 13, 2013
    Hi Seracross, I am in Twinsburg, close to I-80, can be to Niles,( where 80 and 76 cross and change numbers) in just over an hour, about an hour and a half to Pa. line. Would definitely drive the dashing duo that far to get them a happy new home. Talk to me, I have to work Saturday, but Sunday is wide open...

10. chixmaidservice

Oct 13, 2013
    Ok, looked at map and got bearings and see you are off 90... would meet at Conneaught/ State Line?...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by