Northeastern Poultry Congress 2015

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Troubadour05, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Troubadour05

Troubadour05 In the Brooder

Oct 13, 2014
    Greenfield, NH
    I know it is super early, but I am so excited! I am showing at congress for the first time this year and also am bringing quite a few chicks to sell probably. This will be only my 3rd time showing my silkies, any tips? Anyone know yet what your bringing to show/sell?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014

2. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Songster

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    I went to this show almost 2 years and it's huge and a lot of sublime birds at this show. But this is the top notch show of New England and not a fair show, so the judges won't let anything slide if something's wrong.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  3. Troubadour05

Oct 13, 2014
    Greenfield, NH
    I went last year just to watch, I agree, definitely a top-notch show! But I have decided not to show.. One of my roosters has ruined a lot of crests all of a sudden between fighting and breeding I'm guessing. [​IMG] I only have a couple birds that are still show-able, but at this point its not worth me spending a couple nights there just to show a couple birds, and I live too far away to drive back and forth. Oh well, next year.

I do have Silkie and Sizzle chicks I am willing to bring to sell, and I may have some Lionhead kits for sale around that time also, if anyone is interested [​IMG]

4. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Songster

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Sometimes you got to know when to hang up the boots and realize Rome wasn't built in 1 day,

5. Troubadour05

Oct 13, 2014
    Greenfield, NH
    Yeah, it's a bummer, I've been working on breeding for a couple years and finally got birds that I feel are great show birds, then worked all year keeping them clean and conditioned, then overnight they decide a haircut is in order. Oh well, next year.

6. uphilljill

uphilljill Songster

Jun 14, 2012
    Southern Adirondacks, NY
    Love this show! I am also planning on going. Just as a spectator this year, but also planning on meeting up with some folks from the breed club to pick their brains. Looking forward to another great event. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. DOUGNASH

DOUGNASH In the Brooder

I think I will be taking a road trip to check it out

I am looking to bring home some healthy showgirl NN silkies

8. Troubadour05

Oct 13, 2014
    Greenfield, NH
    Quote:Definitely a prime brain-picking show! I learned a bunch last year :]
    Quote:There was a woman there last year with gorgeous showgirls, though I don't remember her name.. Hopefully she'll be back!

9. DOUGNASH

DOUGNASH In the Brooder

10. uphilljill

uphilljill Songster

Jun 14, 2012
    Southern Adirondacks, NY
    I have last years' showbook at home, so I may have the contact info if you can narrow it down a bit. (Name, state, etc?)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by