Northeastern Poultry Congress (West Springfield) - Jan 17-18, 2009

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by SundownWaterfowl, Nov 7, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Is there a sale area there? Also, has anybody ever been to this show before? Is it a large show.

2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    yes there is a big sale area
    its a big show too i live 2 minutes away

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I went last year and i loved it. I dont have anything to compare it to, but i thought it was big.
    I am planning on going again this January. My most memorable moment was seeing my first Jersey Giant Rooster in person.... [​IMG] I think i would rather a face to face with a junkyard dog (that was to not offend any particular breed [​IMG] ) What a TANK he was.

And they raffle off a nice incubator!!!!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  4. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I know i cant believe the difference in size from pet chickens to show birds . They are huge !!

5. OthalaAcres

OthalaAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Troy, NH
    Quote:I can't wait! We show there every year. I grew up in Springfield and still have family there, so I stay with them during the Congress weekend. It's only a 10 min drive from their house.

~Lily

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  6. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    My dad is the special events director for the big e so i get there bright and early . I open one of the over head doors and park his work van in there and fill the back of that with cages and every time i buy somthing i just put it in the van and i drive home at night unload the birds and do the same thing the next day lol

I go all 3 days and just walk around the sale pens . There is always something new !!

I think some of the people who show the birds there sell the birds if they dont win . I have seen a couple of times showeres taking birds out of the show cages and putting them in the for sale pens

the last day is the best though thats when you get all the deals

7. Barn Maid Ann

Barn Maid Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Can someone tell me more about this event? Is is open to the public? Hours? I would like to go just to look and see.

8. OthalaAcres

OthalaAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Troy, NH
    Quote:It's January 17 & 18 at the Eastern States Exposition Fairgrounds
    1305 Memorial Ave, West Springfield, Massachusetts. The show is located in the Mallory Building. The show opens to the public about 9am each day and runs til around 2-3pm. There is a food vendor as well as poultry vendors selling everything from poultry supplies to pins & jewelry. Good sized poultry (as well as a few rabbits, cavies & pigeons) sales area, and a whole lot of gorgeous birds being exhibited, too!

9. Barn Maid Ann

Barn Maid Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Quote:It's January 17 & 18 at the Eastern States Exposition Fairgrounds
    1305 Memorial Ave, West Springfield, Massachusetts. The show is located in the Mallory Building. The show opens to the public about 9am each day and runs til around 2-3pm. There is a food vendor as well as poultry vendors selling everything from poultry supplies to pins & jewelry. Good sized poultry (as well as a few rabbits, cavies & pigeons) sales area, and a whole lot of gorgeous birds being exhibited, too!

Sounds like my kind of fun! Thanks for the info. Yes, I am very familiar with Big E grounds. I used to live in Westfield, MA. I am definitely checking it out. Perfect time of the year too.
    Oh oh, DH is already giving me the look... you know... like forget it...NO MORE! LOL

10. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Yep, great show!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by