Northern California Hello! From Oakdale

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by calgal98, May 7, 2009.

1. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been here for a month and figured I ought really to introduce myself. I've been living with chickens for the last 30 years or so. Love the chickens, love *hen song* in the morning. I have had anywhere from 3 to 13 chickens at a time during these years. Given the current economy I decided to expand to ensure food for my extended family and us. I am up to about 60 chicks, pullets and hens now. I do expect I'll have a few roosters show up, but thats okay too. We have room in the freezer for a few and love chicken noodle soup!

I'm located in a small town on a few acres of land. We have a few horses, a lot of goats and the chickens, Along with a few other pets that normally occur on a farm. I milk my goats and use the milk for drinking, cheese and soap making. I'm thinking my chickens will be enjoying some milk soon as well. I have a very large garden that provides food year round. I keep adding to my workload, but doing what I've always loved to do

When I'm not busy on the farm with the the animals, I'm busy on the farm with the grandkids. They love coming and playing with the goats and enjoying the *fuzzybutt* chickens. My dh enjoys living in the country but isn't much of a country boy so most of the jobs around the farm are mine. I don't mind.

I have two daughters that live close by. They each have kids and nana gets to see them often. They are the joys of my life.

Thats about all for me. Thanks for all the info on the board. What a fun place to be!

Vicki

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from arizona!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are happy to have ya!

3. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] from VA!

5. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] and hello from Turlock, we're practically neighbors! Goats and chickens here too.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

8. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Welcome, from your neighbor in Contra Costa County!

9. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    [​IMG] from a fellow northern Cali Chick!

10. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is such a friendly place. Thanks all for the welcome! Nice to know that in such a hurry-hurry world we can still connect with people.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by