Northern California Meet Up/Chicken Swap - Sunday October 10th!

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
Same event just a new thread with updated info (old link) https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=382346

Please
note....We have changed things a bit on the alcoholic beverage front...IF you want to bring your own wine and beer that is fine, HOWEVER the house will purchase wine/beer and have it for sale for a nominal fee...We felt that this might be the most fair solution as it takes pressure off the house to share it's personal stash without compensation...thanks!

Date: October 10th, SUNDAY - 11am - 3pm

Location: Cheryl Cohen's home PM me for directions in Lafayette
There will be a truck marked "BYC Courtesy Shuttle" run by my son, Brandon. He will take you from the top of the hill at woodview court/woodview drive intersection to our home (park on Woodview DRIVE and wait till you see the truck OR you can walk it's only 4 houses down the hill)

What to bring - this is the fun part...we have a google docs spreadsheet created at this link. When you go there you may see your name, as I transposed the respondents from the earlier thread. If you see your name please complete the form and if you are not on there just simply add your information. Google docs allows us to have this "living" document and all information is saved the instant you enter it!

FOOD SIGNUP

Please DO NOT wear your coop shoes, however there will be Oxine available to spray on your shoes in case you forget!

UPDATE! We can now post pics of any birds or eggs you'd like to sell can be posted at this link. Jeremy has offered to have you email him and he will post so the info is all the same and uniform

[COLOR=FF0000]FOR SALE[/COLOR]
Jeremy's email [email protected] or you can PM him

DOOR PRIZES
Alamo Feed donated a huge 3 gallon metal waterer!!
Purina & Concord Feed donated FIVE bags of layena
Eggcartons.com donated an egg weigher, fresh eggs sign, many custom printed egg cartons and an egg basket!
Flemings Outdoors TWO $50 gift certificates
Wynette (http://www.adamsonacres.com) is donating a 12+ Jersey Giant, Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock, or Olive Egger hatching eggs with a ship date of early April 2011
HinkJC (www.hinkjcpoultry.com) donate a 12+ pkg of buff, white, black and lavender orpington eggs for spring 2011

Please make sure to fill out the column if you can or need a carpool.

This is being posted on local Yahoo chicken groups as well.....tell a friend!

NEW INFO-FYI, You also may have noticed the last time you purchased your chicken feed that Purina is using a new laminated bag. I'm collecting these new feed bags for a recycling project. If you have any, I would be happy to pick them up or you can bring to the party! THANKS SO MUCH

Last edited:
I'll have to think about it and check my schedule, but I may be able to make it to this seeing as I have two week notice!
smile.png
The Northern California Chickenstock was fun and I'd love to meet more chicken people and maybe swap some birds! I'll post closer to the date confirming whether I can or cannot make it.

Glad I saw this as a banner! Unfortunately it is the same weekend as the Paso Robles show.
D.gif
Wish you all the best of success, and hope to be able to make it to the next one
thumbsup.gif

I wish I could attend, but I have another obligation that day. Do you hold this event annually?

My friend and I are having fun and learning so much about backyard chickening
wink.png
and all that it involves.

What to bring - this is the fun part...we have a google docs spreadsheet created at this link. When you go there you may see your name, as I transposed the respondents from the earlier thread. If you see your name please complete the form and if you are not on there just simply add your information. Google docs allows us to have this "living" document and all information is saved the instant you enter it!

https://spreadsheets4.google.com/ccc?key=tdbdNne_HJ7Tm2BaB3oYzfg&hl=en&authkey=COrxueEI#gid=0

This spreadsheet is a great idea!! I love it! Thanks for posting it.
Dawn

Follow the leader.

It's looking more and more like I'm going to make the trip! This just sounds so fun! I added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm not signing up for food yet, I have to decide what I'm going to make.

CherylCohen, I'll probably have to take you up on a couple of cochin bantams! I loved my cochin I used to have, she passed away over a year ago.
sad.png
I bought a red cochin chick, but she had severe coccidiosis when I got her and unfortunately didn't pull through. Calico and mille fleur cochins are beautiful, I'd love to have some!
droolin.gif

I have two OEGB cockerels I may bring along, but only if someone wants them. I don't want to take them the whole three hour drive only to have no one want them! One is BB red, one is black, and they're completely friendly, gorgeous guys. They're from breeder stock and they're well-behaved little gentlemen to people and hens alike. They get along great with each other, you can take one or both. Please PM me if interested at all! I know cockerels aren't popular, especially with hatchaholics, but these guys are so great and they're excellent prospects for breeding. They make perfect pets, too, they're very tame!

I can also bring fertile eggs of the following on request: Seramas (purebred), mixed mostly bantams (that will definitely turn out interesting! See my signature that says what I have), guinea fowl, large ducks (rouen/black swedish mix), or coturnix. Just PM me ahead of time if anyone wants some!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom