Northern California Meet Up/Chicken Swap - Sunday October 10th!

Quote:
awesome check the spreadsheet, there is someone that fertile eggs...myself my bators are packed with new wheaton ameraucana, wheaton marans, BC marans and 27 BBS 50-75% orpington eggs, hatching October 15

I'm so excited to be coming to the meet up! I thought for a moment that I wouldn't be able to make it, because our Canadian friends have invited us to their Thanksgiving celebration on the same day.

I have a buff bearded Polish cockerel I was planning to bring, but after reading and inquiring about him on Speckledhen's Ten Commandments of Good Flock Management, https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=129278&p=1 I think he may have a different fate. He had what I think was pneumonia during the first week I had him, but since we can't know for certain why he was sick, I'll keep him home.

He's not much use as a meat bird, and not really re-home-able. This is a really horrible thing to consider, but he would be a nutritious meal for my Hogg Island Boa, Peaches (deep sigh). I never thought I'd be considering this when I brought him home!

I also have a buff Orpington who may be a cockerel, but since he could have been exposed to something, I won't bring him either. And since Orps are dual-purpose, I can wait to see if he crows or lays an egg.

So, I might be in the market for a pullet when I come, but won't be bringing birds.

Quote:
Thank you so much for being so considerate about not bringing your birds and not wearing your coop shoes. I can't afford for my girls to get sick since I have such a large flock Thanks again

I just added myself to the spreadsheet. I don't have any birds to sell, but I was wondering if anybody would have use for 1/2 a bag (maybe 25 lbs.) of Purina "Start & Grow" crumbles (medicated). I'm not looking to sell that, but it would go to waste if I let it sit in my garage. My four girls are 6+ months old now and are fantastic egg layers. They certainly don't need the "start&grow" stuff anymore
lol.png
I'm not planning on adding any more chickens to my flock anytime soon either.

Thanks for the invitation. Sounds like a fun event. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend, since I will be attending a family re-union. Maybe next year, if there is a next year.

Back
Top Bottom