Northern California Quail Fanciers

el dorado quail

Crowing
Mar 24, 2019
I was thinking of asking $5/dozen. There are cheaper eggs on craigslist, but none in the north bay area.
Talk to the ag commissioner/deputy ag commissioner. I talked to mine and they think I can charge $7/doz and always sell out
Mine was pretty quick, I think within 2-3 weeks. Came in a yellow envelope with rules/info sheets and a tool to measure chicken eggs.
Thanks. I've been designing my labels. :cool:

Edit: I managed to create an Excel page of six labels/page where the fields for date and julian date automatically update. The julian date automatically defaults to "today" and the sell by date is "today" plus 30 days.
I've gotten a business license and farmers market thing but still holding off on the egg license. County is a pain in the asssss. They almost tried to tell me I couldn't have quail because they might fall under Guinea hens???

Sara L

Free Ranging
Aug 14, 2017
Northern California
Talk to the ag commissioner/deputy ag commissioner. I talked to mine and they think I can charge $7/doz and always sell out

I've gotten a business license and farmers market thing but still holding off on the egg license. County is a pain in the asssss. They almost tried to tell me I couldn't have quail because they might fall under Guinea hens???
$7 would be fantastic! Try it and see what happens. I'll bet you could get that at the farmers market, probably not in a regular grocery store though because people compare things weird.

Really? Did you show them a side by side picture? Not even close to the same bird...

I have business license and egg license, haven't wanted to try to get the farmers market one yet because I just decreased my birds so not laying enough to be worth it. Was it difficult to get?

el dorado quail

Crowing
Mar 24, 2019
$7 would be fantastic! Try it and see what happens. I'll bet you could get that at the farmers market, probably not in a regular grocery store though because people compare things weird.

Really? Did you show them a side by side picture? Not even close to the same bird...

I have business license and egg license, haven't wanted to try to get the farmers market one yet because I just decreased my birds so not laying enough to be worth it. Was it difficult to get?
My ag commissioners were super supportive so they basically told me what to fill in when i asked. I'm probably going to be adding like 14 birds soon so I'll have to go back and ask if I need to update my numbers or wait until next year. I think I'm only allowed to go to fms in our county tho cuz I'd need the county seals and business licenses in any other counties...if that makes sense

Top Bottom