Northern California Storms

Thanks L, got dumped on pretty bad here. All the run-off coming down the hill from above me made a huge mess of my yard and driveway, my garage flooded a little bit and about 40 feet from the house I had a river running from the top to the bottom of my property for a few days (could have ridden an inner tube down it, lol). Unfortunately that river of run-off washed out/tore down a big section of my lower pasture fence at the bottom of my property, which luckily was the bulk of the storm damage for me. No downed trees (so far) and all my coops and runs are all still intact. The bird runs and my front pastures are all huge swamps right now, but all my birds and other animals are alive, present and accounted for. Even my free rangers survived, the big dummies still insisted on sleeping in their roosting tree every night. They road it out, but of course had to tell me all about it every morning, lol.

I have some fence repair to deal with, but mostly just a huge mess to clean up. Others in my area didn't fair so well, and there's more rain on the way...

That stinks, Peeps. Sorry about the fence, but very glad you, your flocks and all other critters are okay. Man, I can't imagine watching all that water coming at me, and I don't envy you all that clean-up work. One of my sayings: Water is the Enemy, but by that I mean household plumbing. I now expand that to floods.

Too bad you can't go tubing though LOL. That'd be something to see!

Stay safe.
Leigh

Rain really blows, literally. Our weather station here clocked winds at 79 mph. About a dozen quail bit the dust. The guineas are dumb. They have a dry spot to hang out in but they rather get soaked.

Back
Top Bottom