Northern California's premier pullet provider has joined BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TruNorth Farm, May 3, 2009.

1. TruNorth Farm

TruNorth Farm Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Walnut Creek
    We're excited to be joining another wonderful facet of the chicken community! We hope to be a resource for new and aspiring poultry owners.

TruNorth Farm is Contra Costa County's premier provider of young hens. Our pullets arrive weekly as day-old chicks from leading hatcheries across the U.S. They are hand raised from day one and are all vaccinated for Marek's disease.
    We are conveniently located in the Northgate area of Walnut Creek, and we appreciate the opportunity to serve the green lifestyle of owning chickens!

Rachel Steinpress
    Director- TruNorth Farm
    Poultry and Stables
    [email protected]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Cool, welcome neighbor! Are you originally from the area? Do you have a website? Someone from the area (Ygnacio Valley Rd.) was asking me about the limits on # hens in WC and I didn't have a clue.

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    [​IMG] from North Carolina! [​IMG]

4. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Hi Rachel and welcome!

I saw one of your ads today. I occasionally do the same thing with the raising and selling peeps, but on a much smaller scale. Chickens are the only thing selling in the "Next Depression".

[​IMG]

5. Suburban_Farmer

Suburban_Farmer New Egg

May 2, 2009
    Northern California
    Dang! We were looking for chicks to buy TODAY! We didn't know you were here...bummer. We're in San Ramon, a few minutes down from you.

6. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    [​IMG] from MN!

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] from NM!

8. TruNorth Farm

TruNorth Farm Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Walnut Creek
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Nifty-Chicken:

Walnut Creek city ordinance states that only 3 'domestic' animals can be kept in the city (this includes chickens) on a given property, unless it's zoned for more.
    My parents live right in the middle of the city (Ygnacio and Oak Grove) and have 6 chickens, 2 dogs, and a rabbit. I think as long as the neighbors don't complain more than 3 animals is fine. No roosters though.

Here's a link to Walnut Creek's Animal Regulation's page if your friend wants to check it out:
    http://www.walnut-creek.org/citygov/depts/cd/planning/guides/planning___animal_regulations.asp

Our website is still under construction- I've never made one before so it's taking forever!

I've lived in Walnut Creek most of my life (with the exception of going out of state for school) and LOVE it! My boyfriend and I are partners in the chicken biz and he's owned our 5 acre farm for about 11 years.

It's a lot of fun, and i look forward to getting to know more chicken enthusiasts!

9. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    [​IMG]

Hi neighbor!!
    [​IMG]
    We are in contra costa too!!!!

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Rachel, we may have gone to the same High School [​IMG]

My brother lived right off San Simeon off of Treat Blvd.

We really need to have an East Bay ChickenStock. I think Concord feed will even "sponsor" it. I talked with the manager of both stores and he seemed very open to the idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by