Northern Maine- Aroostook County Swap Infomation

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Mrs.SplashSilkie, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Mrs.SplashSilkie

Mrs.SplashSilkie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    Orient, Maine
    We have a date!! Saturday May 23 in Houlton,Maine.
    Located at Aroostook Milling Company Parking Lot. Tailgates or Tables you bring your own! All Feathered breeds welcome. Crafters welcome, Alot of interest already..Looks like a good day!
    Come One ,Come All ![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    thats great! your way up there. i will put you in the newsletter if thats ok for may at the end of the month. i cant make this one, but i am sure you will have good luck. i believe the windsor maine show is the very next day and its memorial day weekend to boot.

will need start time and end, and contact info if thats ok pm me with info is fine

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Good for you! Its to far for me to travel too, but I wish you all the best- these events are just so much fun! (and no one tires of you talking about chickens all day! ha ha)

Remember to bring fresh eggs to sell too! Not just chicken people come, non chicken folks love to look and learn and fresh eggs are the BEST! mmmmm!

4. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Wow, I think I might actually make it to this one. I haven't been to Houlton since I was 11 or so. LOL...

5. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I can't wait for this one-- have my eggs in the 'bator set to hatch the day before [​IMG]

Mrs.SplashSilkie :

We have a date!! Saturday May 23 in Houlton,Maine.
    Located at Aroostook Milling Company Parking Lot. Tailgates or Tables you bring your own! All Feathered breeds welcome. Crafters welcome, Alot of interest already..Looks like a good day!
    Come One ,Come All ![​IMG]

6. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    anyone know when this is supposed to start/end? I have a lot of chicks, but I am supposed to work that day @230 in Bangor... If it starts early I may come anyway...

7. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:9-3

8. TimG

TimG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Maine
    Mrs.SplashSilkie :

Aroostook Milling Company

What can you tell me about Aroostook Milling Company? Do they mill local grains, mix feed, that sort of stuff? Or, is it just a fancy name for a farm and garden store?

I have googled, but I can't find a website for them.​

9. Give_Peeps_A_Chance

Give_Peeps_A_Chance Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2009
    Maine
    I just happen to be going to Presque Isle for memorial day weekend so I think I can make this! I am excited. What are people bringing?

10. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Tim-- they have a mill and sell all kinds of grain, etc. They also have the 'usual' farm and garden supplies there. They seem to have quite a bit of stock on hand considering 'the county' doesn't have a huge population. They are no TSC, but they do well. And their customer service is great.

Aroostook Milling Co -
    15 Hillview Ave, Houlton - (207) 532-6130

They dont' have a website ( I wish they did!)

Quote:What can you tell me about Aroostook Milling Company? Do they mill local grains, mix feed, that sort of stuff? Or, is it just a fancy name for a farm and garden store?

I have googled, but I can't find a website for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by