1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Northern Michigan

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by nutmeggie, May 10, 2008.

1. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Songster

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    [​IMG] I have seen quite a few Michigan pages and was excited about that. But everyone seems to live in lower Michigan. Any one live in the UP? Just wondering...... [​IMG]

2. farm_mom

farm_mom Songster

Mar 11, 2008
    MI
    Sorry, just a troll here!! [​IMG] But I gotta tell ya I wish I lived up there. We love it, visit often. I think I've explored more of the UP than the lower penninsula.

3. smallflock

smallflock Hatching

Apr 29, 2008
    What part of the UP? I grew up in Michigan and spent most my childhood near Thompson Creek. I now live in Missouri, but my sons going to school at Michigan Tech and I don't think I'll ever get him out of the UP! Beautiful up there! I love the Estavant Pines area of Copper Harbor and the Porcupine Mountains...and Of COURSE Kitchitikipi, the Big Spring is a fave too! Getting warmer up there yet? [​IMG]

4. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Songster

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    It was cold and rainy yesterday but the sun is trying to poke out today. I love it up here. My mom and I like to drive up to copper harbor sometimes when she comes up to visit. I've yet to make it to Kitchitikipi but the guy I'm seeing wears a hat that says Kitchitikipi every day. So I laughed when I saw you put that. Yay other people who like the UP!!

5. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    I live only a 2.5 hour drive from the bridge. That practically makes me a yooper, right? [​IMG]

6. 4F FARM

4F FARM Songster

Jan 7, 2008
    North Idaho
    We are in Idaho now, but my DH grew up in Munising. That is about an hour from Marquette. I loved it there, but I don't want to deal with all that snow year after year. I do miss Lake Superior though. If I ever win the Lotto I will have a beach house at Grand Marais and look for agates every day.

Wishful thinking, but I do love to visit.

7. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Songster

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I like Munising. Its a pretty area with the painted rocks. Swampducks- your almost up here! [​IMG] ! Do you come up here a lot? I do love living on Lake Superior!!

8. Sparklecoon

Sparklecoon Songster

Apr 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Just a lowly troll here though I am the daughter and granddaughter of some Yoopers. Escanaba is where the family hails from.

9. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Songster

Feb 5, 2008
    Michigan
    I USED to live in the Soo for 5 years just off the northern most exit of I-75 (Easterday Ave). Now I live at the Southern most exit of I-75 in Michigan, in southern Monroe County, just before the Ohio state line.

And I was a Ranger on Isle Royale for 1 season.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  10. UP_Chicken_Lover

UP_Chicken_Lover In the Brooder

Jun 21, 2008
    Western UP of MI
    FINALLY!! Yes we're in the UP and this fall we are hoping to add 4 Black Sex Links to our little farm! Would love to have chickens now, but unfortunately - we can't find anyone willing to part with 4 young girls. We have never raised chickens so this is a new experience for my husband and me. We are in the western part of the UP - about 14 miles from Lake Superior and near Houghton - where are you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by