Northern New England Bird Fanciers Club

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by spook, Jun 27, 2008.

1. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

This is a letter I recieved from one of the top "hens" (couldn't resist) from the Northern New England Bird Fanciers club, encluded you will find her email address. Feel free to contact her yourself if your interested.

Subject: Northern New England Bird Fanciers Club
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    (I sent to both address' and I'm not sure, but one came back to me, the other resulted in an answer. Give her a bit of time, like the rest of us.)

HI Kellie,
    Nice to hear from you..........the Northern New England Bird Fanciers group meets monthly in Lewiston at the MPBN building, but for the next few months we will be meeting at the Farmington Fairgrounds(Maine). We will be having a Basket show ( an old timey name for a bird show) August 3rd at the Fairgrounds. Gates open at 8.00 a.m., and there will be a show, a swap and sell area, food tent, we are hope to have a bird testing area set up and after the show an auction of poultry and farm related items...............The registration for the show begins at 9.a.m. and fees are
    $1.00 per bird, 5 birds per breed, maximum of 25 birds per person.JUdging begins at 11:00
    You could call it a "chicken stock" kind of get together.......... this will be the 2nd year we have held the Basket show, last year our show was held at the Oxford fairgrounds and was very well attended with many vendors, LOTS of birds and plenty of "fowl" language spoken throughout the day. Please feel free to pass the info along or you could have folks contact me at my email address for more info. We would love to be included in the "Backyard Poultry Group" listing and I will sign up to be on their site as well. Well gotta " Fly", birds to feed and put to bed.Hope to chat with you again, Kath

Northern New England Bird Fanciers Club [email protected]; [email protected]

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I am looking into having a Chickenstock in central Maine somewhere as well.

3. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Litchfield fairgrounds is the place July 27 9-1

4. wildernessdweller

wildernessdweller Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    I hadn't heard about this and I'm a member! :roflmao:

I've sent an email for particulars - I'd like to go to this too.

5. wildernessdweller

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    Subject: Northern New England Bird Fanciers Club

HI Kellie,
    Nice to hear from you..........the Northern New England Bird Fanciers group meets monthly in Lewiston at the MPBN building, but for the next few months we will be meeting at the Farmington Fairgrounds(Maine). We will be having a Basket show ( an old timey name for a bird show) August 3rd at the Fairgrounds. Gates open at 8.00 a.m., and there will be a show, a swap and sell area, food tent, we are hope to have a bird testing area set up and after the show an auction of poultry and farm related items...............The registration for the show begins at 9.a.m. and fees are
    $1.00 per bird, 5 birds per breed, maximum of 25 birds per person.JUdging begins at 11:00
    You could call it a "chicken stock" kind of get together.......... this will be the 2nd year we have held the Basket show, last year our show was held at the Oxford fairgrounds and was very well attended with many vendors, LOTS of birds and plenty of "fowl" language spoken throughout the day. Please feel free to pass the info along or you could have folks contact me at my email address for more info. We would love to be included in the "Backyard Poultry Group" listing and I will sign up to be on their site as well. Well gotta " Fly", birds to feed and put to bed.Hope to chat with you again, Kath

Northern New England Bird Fanciers Club [email protected]; [email protected]

I don't have a link to their web page ( even tho I am a member) but you'll be able to get your birds tested ON SITE!! Wow! what a convenience! Just be sure to arrive early so you can get them tested BEFORE you try to set up.

Here's a link to Central Maine Bird Fanciers, go there and you can find a whole page of state testers to choose from if you want to get it done prior to the 3rd.

http://www.centralmainebirdfanciers.org/

C'ya
    there!!!​

6. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I am headed out in a short while, Hope its rain or shine!!! [​IMG]

7. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I wish we could join you today we are headed to a Dance Clinic for my DD for a few days.

8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    so spook,
    I was at the show, which one were you?
    I did not have any birds with but i was the one asking all the questions about blue laced red wyandottes and showing them.
    hoppy

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  9. wildernessdweller

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    that's the spirit! [​IMG]

I talked myself outta going.....I know, but it's a long drive...then some people came all the way from CANADA to buy a bunch of birds from me, so it was worth while to stay home.

And the guy that's helping clear my back yard of trees (to make room for more chickens) came this morning, and I got him to start the weedwacker for me so I could put it to good use. (Why they can't make those puppies so a woman can start'em I don't understand!!)

So Spook, tell us what happened??? How many chickens did ya buy???

10. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Spook,
    You bought more birds? Your DH is going to love that...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by