Northern NJ - FREE Ameraucana/Araucana Cockeral/Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by coffeefanatic3462, Jul 31, 2008.

1. coffeefanatic3462

coffeefanatic3462 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    5 month old Ameraucana/Araucana Rooster/Cockeral for sale...I had gotten him from McMurrey hatchery. I ordered a bunch of female Ameraucana babies but he came out to be a male soo now I have 8 roosters running around my yard since most of the bantams I got turned out to be males.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I live in Northern New Jersey, in Sussex County btw :3I'm giving this guy away to anyone who wants him; I have 8 roos at my house, and I am in desperate need to get rid of 6 of them Dx

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  2. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    most roos are like 5 bucks but is it more expencive there for chickens?

3. coffeefanatic3462

Apr 27, 2008
    Quote:oh does that seem a bit expensive? I really wasn't sure how much to put for him...I guess i should bring it down, huh? ^^: thankies

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It depends on your market. Since he's an Easter Egger, a crossbreed type, he may not be worth as much to someone as a pure Ameraucana. The local feedstore sells my roosters for $15 each to the locals, but another place may not support that price, if you see what I mean. He's very handsome, though!

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    depends where your at also, in the heart land tend to get them cheeper.Now other places they pay more for them.Its all in where you live and how hard it is to get chickens,age of the chickens,breed ect ect ect...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  6. coffeefanatic3462

Apr 27, 2008
    Quote:That is true...but I'm really not all that interested in the profit, you know? I just desperately need to , sadly, get rid of this handsome fella.

7. coffeefanatic3462

Apr 27, 2008
    Quote:I moved it down from $10 to $5 to Free, please, anyone? : (

8. long_valley_chicken

long_valley_chicken New Egg

Aug 5, 2008
    Long Valley, NJ
    Pm'd you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by