Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by whitetail98, Mar 26, 2013.

1. whitetail98

whitetail98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2013
    Winchester, VA
    Hey I was wondering if there was anybody from or near the northern va area. We are located in winchester va and wanted to see if anybody else was around here. I look forward to hearing from you all!

2. fiddlebanshee

fiddlebanshee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Frederick, MD
    We used to live in Leesburg, but have moved to Frederick, MD about 2 years ago. I love Winchester, we would often drive out there, visiting the used book store in Berryville and then some of the used book stores in Winchester.

You wouldn't be in need of a pure-bred ameraucana rooster, would you? I need to rehome one.

3. Mtn Laurel

Mtn Laurel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    My Coop
    Welcome, Neighbor! I'm in Northern VA but am in Prince William. I think more of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley when I think of Winchester. Sadly, when I think of Northern VA I think of crowded sub-divisions and road congestion. It's not all that way, of course, just the built-up areas closer to D.C.

I was born in Winchester but grew up about 20 miles away. My mother and brother live in Winchester now so I am up there every month or so. It's always been one of my favorite cities.

I've seen people from Front Royal as well as from the Valley here. You'll find quite a few neighbors! There's lots to be learned here and plenty of very knowledgeable and helpful folk. Enjoy!

4. whitetail98

Mar 25, 2013
    Winchester, VA
    As for the roo no I'm sorry but I'm not. I am looking for Americana hens though! Lol

5. whitetail98

Mar 25, 2013
    Winchester, VA
    And to mtnlaurl yeah I know what your talking about. We are more so located in Frederick county almost across to wv border so it's actually quite nice where we are!

6. 20736

20736 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Hey
    I visit Greensboro out on Rt 522 about 10 times a year.
    Know the area well.
    WELCOME!

7. bltchickens

bltchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    I know this thread is old but I'm in loudoun county, under 30 minutes from leesburg and Winchester! Up in the mountain :) anyone other northern Virginians???

8. 2lilchkns

2lilchkns Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    I'm in Fairfax County!

9. bltchickens

bltchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    So cool!! I grew up in fairfax county and moved out to loudoun a year ago!!

10. 2lilchkns

2lilchkns Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    How many chickens do you have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by