1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Norwegian Jaerhon Hatching Eggs 6 +

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kiowacole, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Kiowacole

Kiowacole Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Up for auction is 6 + Norwegian Jaerhon Hatching Eggs. I also have 1 Flame Jaerhon in the breeding pen as well. Fertility has been 100% here at the farm but I cannot guarantee hatch rate once the eggs leave the farm due to shipping & incubation methods. These are great little Standard birds that lay a large egg & due to their size, just a little bigger than a bantam, they lay a nice size white or slightly tinted egg. They are great foragers & don't eat as much as other Standard sized breeds. They can be quite friendly as well. They are quiet little birds & have a lovely color. The eggs I'm getting are pullet eggs as my stock is young. I will get updated pictures of the birds if requested.
    Thank you for looking & Happy Bidding!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Beautiful birds! [​IMG]

3. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Thank you!

4. IlliniPatT

IlliniPatT Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    Illinoid
    These birds are gorgeous. I have read that they fly well. Do you let them free range. I have a 6 foot chain link run. Will they fly out of this?

Thanks,

Pat

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm interested in this breed and am wondering if you'd be willing to send me a 1/2 dz when my hen goes broody. I prefer to use her since she's got a great a hatch rate. It will probably be some time next month. Would you consider?

Thanks,
    Colleen

6. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Quote:Yes I have them free range when breeding season is over. They do fly but mine have never left the yard. But I do keep a wing trimmed.

7. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Quote:Yes, I can do that. Just let me know when you're ready. The girls are laying great & fertility is great.

8. youngbiddy

youngbiddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:Yes I have them free range when breeding season is over. They do fly but mine have never left the yard. But I do keep a wing trimmed.

Just one wing? Do they fly in circles?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by