1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Norwegian Jaerhons. My new favorite breed

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by L&Schickens, Oct 28, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Songster

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    These birds are just beautiful. They get prettier and prettier ever day!! Mine is almost 5 month old and I am going to order more in the spring. I just love them. They are great foragers and always on the go. They are friendly, but a little flighty too. I can't wait till my 2 hens start laying. I wish I had more then 3, but that is all I have for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone else have them?

2. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow very pretty I bet they tolarate cold well also

3. I love those, but thought they might have frozen combs here... Their big ole combs are too cool!

4. kinnip

kinnip Songster

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Very nice. I love seeing new and (for GA) exotic chickens.

5. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Songster

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Anyone else have any? I would love to see pictures.

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I dont have any but have thought about getting some for the reasons you say. Where did you get yours?

7. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Songster

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I got mine from Ideal. I am thinking about getting more from them as soon as I can. I ordered 6 origionally, but got 4 roos and 2 hens. I was impstient and sold 3 of the roos at a auction and got .50 each for them. [​IMG] I know if I were to sell them after they grew up a little more I would have gotten a lot more money for them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  8. mlmadura

mlmadura Songster

May 1, 2008
    ms
    [​IMG] pretty!!! how well do they lay?

9. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Songster

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    don't know how they lay yet, but I read they are real good and lay well into winter.

I contacted the prerident of the american poultry association looking for other breeders of them and this is his reply:

Sorry, not familiar with such a breed.

Dave Anderson

10. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Songster

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: