Norwegian Jaerhron Hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wolfwoman, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Anyone have any?

2. alpinefarm

alpinefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    Quote:Hey, there~~

You will *love* Jaerhons! They are just the nicest birds, active and alert and mild-mannered with one another. Exceptional free-rangers! They are my best winter layers (I have 9 breeds on our high-Rockies farm). They are a small LF bird, eating less than my other breeds, yet lay a nice, large milky white egg, the same size egg as my "big girl" breeds do.

I'll have my first eggs of the season available mid-Feb. They are $35/dozen, my PayPal is: [email protected].

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    I do have some already, am looking to get a few more and some new blood in [​IMG] Expand my gene pool and go from there!

Let me know when you have some, and I will let you know when I can hatch as I have to borrow an incubator... [​IMG]

4. alpinefarm

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    Quote:They are laying a-plenty but I have had a couple non-Jaerhon roos in w/them until a few days ago. Just separated everybody into breeding groups for the season. So whenever you get your borrowed bator, give me a holler.

Rosemary

5. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:They are laying a-plenty but I have had a couple non-Jaerhon roos in w/them until a few days ago. Just separated everybody into breeding groups for the season. So whenever you get your borrowed bator, give me a holler.

Rosemary

Yay!! [​IMG] I think the bator is in use right now, but I'll let you know! The reason I don't have a bator of my own is when we move in the spring we'll be living without electricity, so no point in getting one. By them however, my Silkies will be old enough to sit!

6. alpinefarm

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado

Rosemary

Yay!! [​IMG] I think the bator is in use right now, but I'll let you know! The reason I don't have a bator of my own is when we move in the spring we'll be living without electricity, so no point in getting one. By them however, my Silkies will be old enough to sit!

I understand more deeply than you can possibly know! We have lived off-grid 8 years now, with only the electricity we generate ourselves. I'll soon be free to incubate again, if'n I wanna, but I'm solidly sold on my banty cochins as the most efficient (and loving) incubating system on earth! Your silkies will be a joy!

7. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:Yay!! [​IMG] I think the bator is in use right now, but I'll let you know! The reason I don't have a bator of my own is when we move in the spring we'll be living without electricity, so no point in getting one. By them however, my Silkies will be old enough to sit!

I understand more deeply than you can possibly know! We have lived off-grid 8 years now, with only the electricity we generate ourselves. I'll soon be free to incubate again, if'n I wanna, but I'm solidly sold on my banty cochins as the most efficient (and loving) incubating system on earth! Your silkies will be a joy!

Oh how wonderful!! Very glad to meet you then, and maybe I'll be picking your brain for more than chicken eggs!! I have heard the cochins are good mammas too, are they good in the cold?

8. alpinefarm

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    Quote:I understand more deeply than you can possibly know! We have lived off-grid 8 years now, with only the electricity we generate ourselves. I'll soon be free to incubate again, if'n I wanna, but I'm solidly sold on my banty cochins as the most efficient (and loving) incubating system on earth! Your silkies will be a joy!

Oh how wonderful!! Very glad to meet you then, and maybe I'll be picking your brain for more than chicken eggs!! I have heard the cochins are good mammas too, are they good in the cold?

I've felt that my bantam cochins are amazing in our cold winters here in the high Rockies. We are, statistically-speaking or so they tell me, almost identical weather-wise to Anchorage. I don't think cochins are quite as nutso-crazy-brooders as silkies, but they tend to be awesome little sitters and attentive moms. Often the papas also get in on the act of raising a brood, as well! I'll slip in a few Mille Fleur eggs if you'd like...[​IMG]

9. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:Oh how wonderful!! Very glad to meet you then, and maybe I'll be picking your brain for more than chicken eggs!! I have heard the cochins are good mammas too, are they good in the cold?

I've felt that my bantam cochins are amazing in our cold winters here in the high Rockies. We are, statistically-speaking or so they tell me, almost identical weather-wise to Anchorage. I don't think cochins are quite as nutso-crazy-brooders as silkies, but they tend to be awesome little sitters and attentive moms. Often the papas also get in on the act of raising a brood, as well! I'll slip in a few Mille Fleur eggs if you'd like...[​IMG]

[​IMG] That would be awesome!! [​IMG] I've been told the bator will be ready 3rd week of Feb!

10. alpinefarm

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    Quote:I've felt that my bantam cochins are amazing in our cold winters here in the high Rockies. We are, statistically-speaking or so they tell me, almost identical weather-wise to Anchorage. I don't think cochins are quite as nutso-crazy-brooders as silkies, but they tend to be awesome little sitters and attentive moms. Often the papas also get in on the act of raising a brood, as well! I'll slip in a few Mille Fleur eggs if you'd like...[​IMG]

[​IMG] That would be awesome!! [​IMG] I've been told the bator will be ready 3rd week of Feb!

Alrighty, then! You're pencilled in!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by