norwegian jarhons?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dixieschicks, Oct 28, 2007.

1. dixieschicks

dixieschicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2007
    CUSTER PARK ILLINOIS
    hello, does anyone know anything about the breed of norwegian jarhons or have they ever had any? I googled and can't find one thing about them. thanks for any help

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

One of our members does have them and she likes them immensely. Maybe she'll see your post and chime in.

3. dixieschicks

dixieschicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2007
    CUSTER PARK ILLINOIS
    thanks! I hope someone does see the post!

In tribute to my grandparents who are both gone, yes I am a stubborn Norwegian! [​IMG]

I have a chance to get some 3 month old pullets, the guy said they are good egg layers of large white eggs. I was just hoping they were a "docile" bird.

anyone?

4. LeghornGuy

LeghornGuy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2007
    New Orleans
    Check out Ideal Poultry website.
    I think they carry that breed but it is available during certain months

5. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    ---EDITED: Oops, scratch this! I was confusing these with the icelandic "Viking" chickens!!! Sorry!!-----
    I looked into these birds. They are beautiful, but they are a lot more "wild" than most of the backyard chickens you normally see. They really need to be able to free range, it seems. We decided they would definitely not be happy in our small suburban coop. I never saw then referred to as "docile"! Very cool birds though...

Stacey​

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by