1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nosey house kitty + eggs on table = BIG WOOPS!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pumpkinpup, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I was trying to get some eggs packaged to send out this morning and my cat, Beepers, decided she needed to help me [​IMG]
    The end result was a whole flat of eggs dumped in the kitchen floor!
    She was very frightened and ran into the living room, lol. I did not scold her. I think the scare was punishment enough but I still have quite a few egg orders that will be delayed now!
    Note to self, "Put cat out before wrapping eggs."

SIGH [​IMG]

To those of you awaiting some of my eggs, I appologise. [​IMG]

2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I came in from gathering eggs, laid them on the floor a sec to take off my boots. Big mistake, Haybales thought it would be fun to bat them across the floor. Darn cat is fast too, before I could even get one boot off, one egg went rolling across the floor. [​IMG]

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    You sound like a nice cat owner. [​IMG] After all she was only trying to "help". [​IMG]

4. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:She loves to see what MOM is doing and so I should have known better but honestly did not even consider the possiblity. She is a good kitty and truly meant no harm. She went to jump up on the table and missed, snagged a paw in the end of the egg flat in an attempt to hang on and off they went! I have to admit it is rather comical now looking back.
    She as of a few moment ago was still under the sofa, peeking out from under the skirt trying to see what tried to get her. I think she is wondering if it will come back, lol! [​IMG]

5. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    Sometimes I think cats just like to see things fall. My kitty Himi will pat something to the edge and then shove it off to see what happens and then he gets down and looks at what he did.[​IMG]

6. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:That is too funny!

7. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I know that at the time it was not funny. And for those waiting for eggs, it is not funny. However, as a lover of all animals this made me LOL. Cats never cease to amaze me. Give that kitty a hug, she needs her mommy to help her feel secure.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  8. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:My cat does this too!! Sometimes even with cups with liquid still in them!! Boy does that make a mess!! [​IMG]

9. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

awe... poor kitty and poor eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by