Nosey runner ducks (pics)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by coffeepheasant, Mar 30, 2015.

1. coffeepheasant

coffeepheasant Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2011
    Hi guys,
    Just thought I would share some of my favourite pics of my super tame runner ducks.
    Will

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mrs.H

Mrs.H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    So cute! I would LOVE to have a couple runners! [​IMG]

3. coffeepheasant

Jun 19, 2011
    They are lovely birds , lay tonnes of eggs (my female rivals my khaki Campbells) and they are full of personality. They also make an amusing contrast to my Muscovies :D,
    Will

4. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    I love their faces! I think the next time I get ducks there will be a runner or two in the mix.

AFTER I get some more property.

5. Madelennon

Madelennon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Haslet,Texas
    Did
    Your black & white runner start out black & yellow as a duckling? Or did the white grow in gradually? I love their faces! Can't wait until mine get bigger!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. coffeepheasant

Jun 19, 2011
    He started off as a fawn and yellow duckling, as he is a fawn and white drake. :)
    will

7. Smurfbrew

Smurfbrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    Nebraska
    Your runners are sooooo stinkin' cute!!! Love them!![​IMG]
    He seems really dark compared to mine. I've heard of "penciled" runners, is it possible he's one of those? But maybe drakes are darker, I've only had the one girl.

8. coffeepheasant

Jun 19, 2011
    I am pretty sure that he is a normal fawn and white indian runner, males are generally darker than the females, but I am not an expert in duck breeds and I have never heard of a pencil runner before. :)
    will

9. tinkerfairy

tinkerfairy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    Elkin N.C.
    Aww they're beautiful!! I have 2 runner ducklings in a mixed flock. One of my runners prefers me to the other ducks she calls for me wiggles her tail when she sees me like a little dog and as soon as my hands are low enough she climbs right on she wants to sit on my shoulder and gives duck hugs. She loves human contact and I hope she stays this way when she gets grown. We still have ours inside they all love to be handled but little pebbles is my spoiled baby, she's a dark brown almost black the other runner is light brown,then we have an unknown black and white duckling that is three times as the runners now and two small ones we thought were mallard or Rouen but as tiny as they still are thinking they could be call ducks

10. Madelennon

Madelennon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Haslet,Texas
    Not that one, the other one. The all black one with white highlights on its face and wings is the one I am talking about. Was he/she all black as a duckling? The "fawn and white one" looks like a penciled to me too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by