1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not a chicken egg but!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tuffoldhen, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Geesh, it's really been hard around here to get my hens to lay eggs with just coming out of their molt and the new pullets are not laying yet!...But, save the day my female cockatiel sayssssss I'll lay eggs for ya!!...She was acting funny today under her newspapers alot I have on the bottom of the cage and would peek out at me once in awhile...I went out to dinner this evening and when I came in to talk to her she grinned [​IMG] and there was a perfect little egg beside her....LOL..Bless her heart.... [​IMG]..now where did I put that kitchen match box [​IMG] I can save these eggs in [​IMG]

2. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    How many cockateil eggs to make a decent omelet??

3. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Hmmm...tooooooo many [​IMG]

4. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    you could do boiled and pickle them

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I once fried a cockatiel egg for my husband as a joke.....he's not real fond of my birds. [​IMG]

6. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    [​IMG]

7. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It's Deer Season here , hubby is away at our cabin...was the first year I have not been able to furnish enough eating eggs for the hunters!!...lol..wait til I take this eggie over on Thanksgiving day and say here ya go!!!.....

8. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I got my first hen at easter - and was waiting what seemed like forever for her to lay for us, but while we were waiting my little lovebird thought she would show the hen how to do it and layed three of the tinest eggs I have seen, I opened them to find the cutes little yolks ever !!

was not long after that my hen started to lay- seems she did need someone to show her what to do LOL

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by