NOT a good day...horrible!!! :(

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Saint Cloud Florida
I lost one of my twins this mourning. I tried so hard to get them healthy, and I have failed.
hit.gif
I went out to feed my crew this mourning and I saw her sister Fauna making a racket, but I couldn't find Flora. I looked and looked, then I saw a little fuzzy thing under the porch. I went over and she was there, barely breathing. I scooped her up, took her inside and put her in bed with my daughter. We tried to get her to eat, we ended up having to give it to her with a syringe. We thought that she was coming around, she held on for a few hours after I brought her in, but around noon she cried one last time, and died in my daughter's arms
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Fauna seems to be doing ok, but I am so afraid I will lose her too. This has been a trying day. I had a funeral to go to this mourning as well, for a good friend whose wife died at 30 leaving him and their 3 month old daughter behind
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

sorry for all my boo-hooing but...yeah

Sorry for your losses and the first thing I would do is get either some sulmet 12/5 or DiMethox 40% to treat the sister as soon as possible...what were you feeding them? If it was replacer stop and start feeding cows milk Now! they dont do to well and will have lots of problems with replacers. When was her last CD/T shot? Does the sister have a temp? It sounds like either cocci or entero was the culprit here as they are both fast. Sorry again for your losses.

I'm so sorry for your whole day! It's so hard to lose any pet, especially when you don't know why.

I'll be praying for her sister, for you to have wisdom in taking care of her.

I'll be praying for your friend and his baby after losing his wife.

I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I, too, suspect cocci. Because of my recent hammerings by other board memebers, I will not make any recommendations publicly (as this very problem was the one I was discussing when I was hammered) - but I do wholeheartedly agree with Chaty.

Again, my heart goes out to you and I hope you're able to save the other twin.

Back
Top Bottom