Not a good day....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Break an Egg, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    First, I catch my stove on fire and throw water on it which just spread the fire,

Just now as my stepdaughters were putting up the baby chicks, they saw the new puppy killing one.
    Of course, DH wants to get rid of the puppy now, and all our kids are traumatized.

2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww, I am sorry today was not going well, Hopefully things will get better. [​IMG]

3. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks, the kids are so mad at the dog, I know it was not the dog's fault, they are just so sad right now.

4. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    What kind of Dog? Do you free range? might have to start thinking of a nice run for DH to build...

5. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Yeah I let them out during the day, and until tonight the dog has been very good to the chicks and chickens, but he is a puppy. He is a shepherd mix, very cute dog, tan with a black mouth and black up by his eyes. He's just a baby, like 10 weeks old.

[​IMG] I can't even get DH to finish the coop properly, much less start on the run. [​IMG]

6. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Well, if you need to replace that chick and get the kids' spirits up, I have a few over here you can have! I will also have some babies hatching next Monday or Tuesday if everything goes good with this hatch! [​IMG]

7. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks, I don't know how they would feel about it right now, but I may talk to them about it later. You are too nice for offering. Thanks very much. I told them that when My EE's start to lay which will be soon, we can hatch all the eggs and have all the chicks we want.

I am sad that they all want to get rid of the dog, I thought we found the perfect dog to keep along with our chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by