not a great experience with natures hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by sydney13, May 26, 2010.

1. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    i ordered from natures hatchery a few weeks ago and then they said they would call in a few days when they shipped my chicks out. a week went by and i kept trying to cpontact them to ask if my order went out, but they were always busy. then finnaly they picked up and told me my order never shipped out because they cant ship the goose that i ordered with the chicks even though on the web site they say they could. so i had to get my gosling through ideal poultry and the chicks through natures hatchery. a few weeks later i got the chicks and they all seem healthy exept that one died in the mail. i ordered a silver laced cochin but the cochins they gave me are not silver laced and i dont even know if they are cochins. ive also heard that natures hatchery drop ships from ideal which would make sense because they are the 2 only hatcheries with the breeds i wanted. so how do they sell ideals chicks? do they buy the eggs from ideal poulry and then sell them when the hatch? And on the box it says the chicks are from privett hatchery, does natures hatchery not sell their own chicks?

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. 44later

44later Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    that's why i ordered from welp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm new to the byc

3. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    Supposed to send Barnevelders and Buckeyes to our local farm store and they backed out of it twice due to "not enough chicks hatching." They canceled the order from Nature's and weren't too happy with them. Only reason I know is because I pre-ordered from the store. No Barnies for me this year [​IMG]

4. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I may be wrong, But if I remember right Welp's Hatchery also drop ships chicks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
  5. 44later

May 26, 2010
    what dose that mean drop ship [​IMG]

6. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Quote:it means that they sell chicks from other hatcheries

7. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    OK so who can we trust? [​IMG] I'd love to add to my flock but I want to order a small group (5) of bantam BOs...but now I am just flabbergasted [​IMG]

8. 44later

May 26, 2010
    As long as there not mutts im all right with that
    [​IMG]

9. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Most of your Bigger Hatchery's do not have Pure (there close) or Show quality Birds if you just want them for free range and eggs hatchery chicks are the way to go, if you are looking for Show Stock look for respectable Breeders, but Beware there also do a lot of leg work before you purchase.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
  10. Groundhighchickenguy

Groundhighchickenguy Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Ooltewah
    Quote:Most of your Bigger Hatchery's do not have Pure (there close) or Show quality Birds if you just want them for free range and eggs hatchery chicks are the way to go, if you are looking for Show Stock look for respectable Breeders, but Beware there also do a lot of leg work before you purchase.

I agree, Thats why I've been keeping my eye on this Website that do background checks and stuff on breeders. I'm waiting on some Buttercups to pop up. [​IMG]..... Here's the link http://www.hpbaa.com/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by