Not a morning person....but YAY Ideal!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nlove_3000, May 18, 2010.

1. nlove_3000

nlove_3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Ellensburg, WA
    Got my email yesterday that my chicks shipped.....and got the call from the Post Office at 5:30 this morning! Amazing fast shipping especially considering I live in a small town! I knew the PO would call when they came in, I warned them ahead of time. I didn't expect it to be shortly at 5am....lol. I was so rough looking when I picked up those chicks I had to apologize for my appearance! I am thankful that I could get them right away and get them into the brooder.

Yay Ideal!! Now - it would have been nice if they marked the 3 roos [​IMG] I guess we'll have to play the guessing game as they grow up.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

At least your early morning wake-up call was for something so enjoyable!!! We need to see pics!! [​IMG] And congrats!!

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    If you have any roos in there yo u will eventually be becoming a morning person [​IMG]

4. 92Pony

92Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    South Carolina
    I asked at my (also small town) post office about receiving chicks in the mail. The lady responded that she hoped I didn't mind an early-morning phone call. She said that they knew right away when they came in in the am if chicks had arrived because they'd hear the cheeping. She said they would make a phone call asap to be sure the chicks would be picked-up and cared-for asap, and so they wouldn't have to listen to them in the PO all day - LOL!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Ideal will mark cockerels, but you have to ask for it. [​IMG]

6. nlove_3000

nlove_3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Ellensburg, WA
    Quote:Well if only I'd known [​IMG] Oh well, we'll get a kick out of figuring it out. We have two roos right now over 20 hens. It's a long story why we were going to add a roo but we thought our two were gone and one of these (or two) would replace them in the long run. Now my two adult roos are back so we'll see if we keep any....but some of their coloring is gorgeous!

I ended up with 5 EE pullets, 3EE roos, 2 BO pullets, and 6 California White pullets (White Leghorns that are supposed to develop black spots like a Dalmation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by