Not a morning person....but YAY Ideal!!!

nlove_3000

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
Ellensburg, WA
Got my email yesterday that my chicks shipped.....and got the call from the Post Office at 5:30 this morning! Amazing fast shipping especially considering I live in a small town! I knew the PO would call when they came in, I warned them ahead of time. I didn't expect it to be shortly at 5am....lol. I was so rough looking when I picked up those chicks I had to apologize for my appearance! I am thankful that I could get them right away and get them into the brooder.

Yay Ideal!! Now - it would have been nice if they marked the 3 roos
wink.png
I guess we'll have to play the guessing game as they grow up.

Last edited:
I asked at my (also small town) post office about receiving chicks in the mail. The lady responded that she hoped I didn't mind an early-morning phone call. She said that they knew right away when they came in in the am if chicks had arrived because they'd hear the cheeping. She said they would make a phone call asap to be sure the chicks would be picked-up and cared-for asap, and so they wouldn't have to listen to them in the PO all day - LOL!

Quote:
Well if only I'd known
wink.png
Oh well, we'll get a kick out of figuring it out. We have two roos right now over 20 hens. It's a long story why we were going to add a roo but we thought our two were gone and one of these (or two) would replace them in the long run. Now my two adult roos are back so we'll see if we keep any....but some of their coloring is gorgeous!

I ended up with 5 EE pullets, 3EE roos, 2 BO pullets, and 6 California White pullets (White Leghorns that are supposed to develop black spots like a Dalmation.

Back
Top Bottom