NOT a Salmon Faverolle... Any guesses?

nifferbugg

Hatching
May 5, 2015
So, I was sold this chick as a Salmon Faverolle by our local nursery and didn't do my homework prior, otherwise I would have been able to tell before we brought our cute little Annie home that she was indeed NOT a Salmon Faverolle...

So, any guesses as to what breed she could be? She is fairly small compared to her other 5-week old buddies (about the same weight as our Norwegian Jaerhon who is also 5 weeks). She's also very fast & probably the hardest to catch out of our 8 girls.

Note her small size - she is 5 weeks old.

Here's a pic of her beak, comb and notice her light colored legs.

Interesting feathering happening on her back - she's mostly pale pale yellow with some black.

Here's the flock - she's all the way to the right, the norwegian is the bottom left. The Buff Orpington and Black Astralorp are her same age and they are a bit larger/heavier than her.

Here's a pic of her foot (obviously not 5 toes, like a Faverolle)

I would say Splash Andalusian, but she doesn't have a single comb (more like a possible rose comb or cushion comb). I'm guessing she's a mix.

I would say Wyandotte, but they have yellow legs. This pullet has white. Could she be a mix?

Here is a better picture of her comb. I'm not sure how to tell what kind of comb it is while she is so young. Maybe figuring that out would help? Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom