1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not a show just post pics of your Cochins

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Shkittles, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Shkittles

Shkittles Chillin' With My Peeps

this isn't a show i'm just trying to decide what color standard cochins i want to get. Please include pic, name, color, and why you like them.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

This is Boss
    He is a Standard Partridge Cochin
    I love him because he is a big love! He is so sweet and gentle, never has even attempted to come at any of us, he takes care of his girls and is extra gentle with them! He also has a special bond with my mini horse!

This pic was taken 2 days ago, he is 8 or 9 months old now
    [​IMG]

This was taken a few months back!
    [​IMG]

I decided to add another pic of him out with the flock!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  3. Shkittles

[​IMG] Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Bec Boss is Beautiful!!!! [​IMG] Okay now Partridge is at the #1 spot.

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Thank You!
    I love the partridge and the blues, they are my 2 favorites! He is the only cochin I have. I wanted a rooster and chose a cochin because they are known to be more gentle and less aggressive. I wish I had some partridge hens to go with him [​IMG]

5. Shkittles

I was just wondering where did you get Boss??
    He is just sooooo Beautiful!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. horselover98

horselover98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2008
    hi! this are my female cochins, 3-4 months old and their names are chocolate with her late(by a bobcat)sister hershey.

Hershey left, chocolate right

[​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    This is Pueff and she's a Largefowl Blue Cochin:

[​IMG]

And this is another blue Cochin that I just got....I haven't named her as of yet...

[​IMG]

8. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Just posted pics on your other thread, so I will post here too, lol. I will give you some blacks. I just love the look of them. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some Blues:

[​IMG]

And a Splash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Heres mine....

Blue- Cora
    [​IMG]

Gold Laced- Lola
    [​IMG]

White- Luna
    [​IMG]

Buff- Penny
    [​IMG]

Splash- Sadie
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Here are some of our pets. [​IMG]

Quad of blues, the only offspring that I have to carry on the legacy of our splash rooster, Rufus, that we lost at the end of last year. (This was at the beginning of the month, they have grown and developed even more since then. They were hatched Sept. 2008.)
    [​IMG]

Sasha, a standard cochin girl that DS is attached to. No eggs will come from this girl if you ever buy any hatching eggs from us! Her daddy was barred and mommy was blue. She's...interesting...but everyone that comes tries to buy her from us and DS adamently says NO!
    [​IMG]

Some of our blacks ~ don't ask me names, DS has them named and I cannot tell them apart. [​IMG] The roo is Black Jack, I know the girls are Annabelle, Clarabelle, Sara and I don't remember the other two, but I can't tell them apart, anyway. He can, though!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Two of the ones from this pic now reside with EllyMae. [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by