Not allowed outside to care for my babies :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TheDuckCrew, Jan 13, 2010.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Ive got mono, and a bad case of it. a couple days ago, my parents decided it was too much work and stress on my little sick body to go out in the cold to take care of the ducks [​IMG] my dad has been taking care of them and everyday i attempt to ask him (its veryyyy hard to talk) did you clean their buckets? are their buckets filled? do they have food? lots of food? is the hay fresh and clean? how are they looking? did you open up the pen in the morning? did you close it at night? are they cold? hows pepper settling in? and countless more questions. he's doing a pretty good job looking after them. today i couldn't take it anymore and when everyone had left the house for awhile, i snuck outside to go see them and snuck back in before anyone got home. even just not being able to see my babies for a day kills me and i end up missing them sooo much. i don't really trust anyone to take care of them like i do, i spoil them to the best of my ability lol. even while im stuck inside ive been dreaming up more ideas to spoil them more. we might be moving so i'd make them a nice new house and pen and everything. ohh what the idle mind thinks up!

2. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Nooooooo get better sooooooon. I totally know how you feel, I always go out and double check my husband's work when he puts them in for the night and they're HIS ducks!! He's almost always forgotten to put extra straw in or to fix up the run properly or put fresh water in. And he NEVER sings them the nighty night song. BAD HUSBAND.
    Here's a get better hug, I bet they miss you tooooo [​IMG]

3. Duck_feeder

Duck_feeder Drowning in feathers!

Oct 22, 2009
    Chicago
    You need to convince your parents that the best solution is to let you keep your ducks inside the house until you get better! [​IMG]

Get better soon!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  4. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    thanks! i always go out and call them good morning and then i say good night see you in the morning when i leave them in the night. before pepper came, toby would quack up a storm when i said good morning and would quack once or twice when i said goodnight, almost like goodnight mom, see ya later. now he's too busy with his new girl to care about me. humph [​IMG] i plan on sneaking out some tomorrow if i get the chance. i just haveee to see them. the water in their house must be changed multiple times a day cuz they like to get it dirty, but only like drinking out of it when its clean [​IMG] it has to be taken out, poured out and i normally clean it with some snow to make sure all their yuckiness is out. sigh. i miss my babies!!

5. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:HAHAHAH! i wishhh. closest i ever got was letting them live in the garage after the first two were killed and if any of them showed any signs of injury. also when the new girl came, they lived in the garage until she escaped. they can stay in the family room with me! considering the couch is now my bed. i haven't slept in my bed for a week. i always wake up in the night and need food, my meds (ive got a lotttt of them now!), water, the bathroom. then sometimes the pains too much so i watch tv until i fall asleep. they should just stay in here with me!! hehehehe. my boyfriend already agreed that the ducks can live in the house at night when we live together. i've taught him well [​IMG]

6. Duck_feeder

Duck_feeder Drowning in feathers!

Oct 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Quote:You must have gotten lessons from Nettie [​IMG]

7. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Goood boyfriend, we like him!! I want my husband to finance an extension on the house of a special tiled duck room with a big plug in the floor and taps to sluice it all down, and maybe a sunken bath and a bed that folds out the wall so I can sleep in there when my husband is on night shift. Wouldn't that be cool? They could still go foragin in the day and then in the evenin I'd still get to play. I hate it that I don't see em after 4.30pm. It sucks. I MISSS them!

8. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Oh my gosh, I hope you feel better too! I had Chronic mono when I was 30 for 2 loooong years! was told if I were a teenager it would probably not be as bad. IF you have the strength I say go see your ducks. Seems to stress you out more if you cannot see them. Your dad is a great man for helping out. I know what you mean because I also think NOOONE can take care of my animals like I can.

TAKE CARE!

9. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:I like this idea!!!!

10. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    aw thats sweet of him. [​IMG] yes take the time off to read or draw up new plans for various animals thats what I would do. Hope you are feeling better [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by