Not an emergency just wondering about dewormer

S-t-o-n-e

Songster
May 10, 2019
I currently have chickens and hoping to get peafowl eventually ( as soon as possible ) I know that chickens can transfer black head and other diseases to peafowl through parasites, I heard that if you mix diatomaceous earth into your chickens feed it will kill the worms in the chickens system so I’ve done this for a little over a month even though I didn’t see any signs that they had worms. Does anyone know if this method actually works? Or is it more of a wivestale.

I currently have chickens and hoping to get peafowl eventually ( as soon as possible ) I know that chickens can transfer black head and other diseases to peafowl through parasites, I heard that if you mix diatomaceous earth into your chickens feed it will kill the worms in the chickens system so I’ve done this for a little over a month even though I didn’t see any signs that they had worms. Does anyone know if this method actually works? Or is it more of a wivestale.
As far as I am aware food grade DE can be used as a preventative to make the gut less hospitable. To treat rather than prevent, a medicated product like Flubenvet would need to be considered (which also treats a wider spectrum of intestinal parasites (eg gapeworm) than other products)

Back
Top Bottom