1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not breathing or walking properly

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Greyna9975, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Greyna9975

Greyna9975 New Egg

May 4, 2016
    Laredo
    I'm a first time chicken owner and i have a 4 month old, female cubalaya chicken. It seems shes having trouble breathing, She has her beak slightly agape and gasping for air; i noticed this a few hours ago. About a week ago she started having trouble walking. She either starts falling to the side and back when she tries to stand ends up spinning in a circle. Her diet consists of chicken feed and water that sometimes has tetracycline hydrochloride soluble powder. I have her isolated and under a heat lamp and i just cleaned poop off her butt. Any idea on whats wrong? Should i take her to the vet or is this the end for my little paquita?

2. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    If you can take her to the vet I would think that would be the best option. Hope she gets better soon

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by