Not chirping or rockin'

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SuperBuckBuck, Apr 26, 2016.

1. HELP HELP!!!! This is my second time incubating and my first hatch was more sussecsfull at this point!!! I have 6 eggs left out of 18 and we are on day 19. I removed them from the egg turner yesterday and bumped the humidity up to 65% I have the farm innovators 4200 circulated air incubator with an automatic turner. Last time I hatched at this time exactly they were all rocking around, what happened why aren't these?!?!?! I understand no chirps yet they may have not pipped internally yet but why no rocking? I'm so scared why do I do? There is one that is moving (#18) but it's not rocking. It's vibrating. It's. It the incubator because it stops and starts but it is unusual. HELP!!!:confused:

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Deep breath. It's still pretty early. Keep that humidity up and be patient.

3. Okay thank you :) I will keep y'all posted;)

4. I have another question. The egg that is moving is vibrating my rocking. Can the chick do that?

5. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    They can vibrate or shake instead of rocking.

6. Oh wonderful!!! I've had another one join number 18!!!
    15 & 18 are both vibrates!! We also are officially in day 20 so when I wake up to row there should be some pipers!!!:ya. :celebrate I've got the brooder ready to go!!!

7. Worried again[​IMG] It's day 20 and only 3 are rocking a little sometimes. NO PIPS NO CHEEPS NO NOTHING.
    Help

8. Help

9. azjustin

azjustin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2016
    Tucson, AZ
    We've had chicks hatch from 19-25 days (typically day 21-23), but patience is the key. Messing with them and stressing out is not [​IMG]

10. Ik ik..., it's just anxiety but I really am worried. This is my second time incubating and last time they hatch Ed on day 19&20 and I had a great hatch rate. It's day 21 and NOTHInG but a little vibrating :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by