Not digesting correctly help!

AshleyJade

Hatching
Aug 26, 2021
My hen is about 3 months old (turken) she started with respiratory issues so I put her on antibiotics all good, then she had an impacted cropšŸ˜­ I thought was sour from antibiotics but wasnā€™t. Over a week of barely eating and drinking (made sure to syringe water etc) but nothing helped! I found a thread on here for stool softeners and with 3 days she went!!! So before we put her back we are trying to get some weight back on her and healthy so she can take care of herself with the rest of the flock and the rooster that is now getting awfully busy, or trying to šŸ™„
We have been giving her some scratch in a dog puzzle to help keep her busy (they all love it!) but Iā€™m noticing seeds in her poop and her poops are smaller so it seems like she is not digesting correctly. Sheā€™s acting good and happy, running around pecking the dogs and attacking the mirror as usual but itā€™s just not normal. What could this be and how do I fix it?

her crop does empty at night so far.
she has big girl and little girl grit
her starter feed with 30% protein to give her extra to heal well and grow.
She hates scrambled eggs and yogurtā€¦šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Eats some watermelon. Idk what else to try.
no longer on probiotics or electrolytes
She was ruffled up but not anymore

Attachments

• 9B44E92C-2295-41FD-8050-E12C9BFD6C87.jpeg
    9B44E92C-2295-41FD-8050-E12C9BFD6C87.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 09EC36BC-ACEA-48D8-BA88-F59407D0EF17.jpeg
    09EC36BC-ACEA-48D8-BA88-F59407D0EF17.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 6
Cut out the scratch completely and reduce the protein in the feed that you feed.
Chick starter that is 18-20% should be fine.

Make sure she's drinking well and that her crop is emptying.

See if the poop improves with these adjustments.

She is drinking well crop is emptying just small poops when she was having large ones and will change feed. I stopped scratch yesterday so hoping itā€™ll get better soon. Will post update ty!

Back
Top Bottom