Not eating much of their feed???

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I have 11 true Ameraucanas that are 10/12 weeks old. I have been feeding them flock grower (20% protein) for the last month. They wolfed it down in the beginning, then about 3 weeks ago, they started getting to be on the ground --they ate less of the feed.. now that they are getting to free range they are eating much less. I have been throwing BOSS and a little millet for them to scratch for..NO corn. They are great little foragers...they really work the ground/grass/leaves..etc. Should I be worried about them not getting their proper diet? Thanks

I am no expert, but if your birds free range they should get all they need in nutrients. If not, and they have access to good feed, they will eat that. If the birds look healthy and have good meat on them then I am sure they are fine. I am sure others on here will be willing to put in their 2 cents worth too, so maybe they will have more info than I can give.

Each night I check their little crop and they are full (about the size of a golf ball.! But how much 'meat' is on a 10 week old Ameraucana..LOL They have nice feathers, they are all lively and seem like happy little boogers..

Back
Top Bottom