not eating yellow corn

morheb

Songster
7 Years
Aug 30, 2016
hello my friends

dont the chickens LIKE corn??

they are not eating the yellow corn i give them!

Corn really is not good for them in high doses...I buy scratch that has zero corn during the summer..I might and I stress, might give them scratch with corn on very cold winter nights to heat them up over night...Poultry feeds made for your birds should be fed..If layers then oyster shell provided also..

Cheers

Seriously?
Give them chicken feed. They need a nutritionally balanced diet. A single grain, or even a blend of grains, is not going to provide adequate nutrition. 

Corn really is not good for them in high doses...I buy scratch that has zero corn during the summer..I might and I stress, might give them scratch with corn on very cold winter nights to heat them up over night...Poultry feeds made for your birds should be fed..If layers then oyster shell provided also..

Cheers

X3 they need proper nutrition just like any animal. Especially the chicks. You need to feed them all flock and have oyster shell available.

Not to sound harsh at all....

Chicks do not need oyster shell...They need grit if fed anything besides the chick starter...

Sorry....

the oyster shell was for the layers that morheb posted about in what breed is this since the all flock won't supply them with enough calcium for egg production. I can see why you were confused as I didn't mention them. Yes they should also have access to grit if they are given anything besides pellets or crumbles(IE grass, veggies, fruits etc)

the oyster shell was for the layers that morheb posted about in what breed is this since the all flock won't supply them with enough calcium for egg production. I can see why you were confused as I didn't mention them. Yes they should also have access to grit if they are given anything besides pellets or crumbles(IE grass, veggies, fruits etc)
Awesome...Sorry and thanks for replying back...

Best of luck..

Back
Top Bottom