Not enough room! (Funny perching story)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    LOL! Okay so I just went out to put my girls in the coop because I am going to get their new sisters and nobody will be home to keep an ear out for them. My run is not topped so they can fly out of it at this time, and their coop has an open top for venelation, the entire coop is pretty venelated so they should be fine. Anyhow, so I am out there talking talking talking to them and I pick Joon, my Barred Rock, up and hold her on my chest (which could be considered a shelf haha). Well Munk, my Easter Egger girl decides this is not fair, and FLIES to my chest, nearly knocking Joon off in the process. Now my chest is not big enough for two nearly grown girls, so they are warring over "boob space" and I am just trying to keep my eyes from being explored LOL! I have never had this happen! Nobody has ever willingly flew to my shoulder just about! I guess they trust me [​IMG] makes me feel so wonderful! Especially because Munk is very.. One person oriented IF that. She is the shyer of the two and she is the one who felt left out and flew to my chest. I stand about 5'7 at the tallest, but that was impressive! Just thought I would share a first!

2. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    I was holding one of my hens and another hen jumped on my shoulder! It made me feel great that they trust me!

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Pictures and stories? not pictures or stories. Where are the pics.

4. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    My brooder is a thick plastic green tub. Once my chicks graduated to the coop I flipped it upside down and like to go sit down outside and just chill with them.

Well... I was chilling one afternoon, and sunset was approaching but still far off. All of a sudden there were 12 chickens squabbling over leg space, arm space, shoulder space, anywhere they could find a spot. They huddled in together, they would preen, they would turn around and around, not caring who they knocked off. My BR were the highest, two chose to hunker down on my chest as I was leaning back. It was so neat. 12 little 4 and 5 week old chickens getting ready to go to sleep on you was something neat. Very very neat. And I didn't get pooped on.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Two chicks fighting over 'boob space'? Better not tell the hubby!

6. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG]

lol that's Munk

7. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    LOL! When my chickens were chicks it was a really stormy afternoon and my friend Anais and I took them into my garage. Anais attempted to give them "flying lessons", so she'd throw the poor chicks in the air and they'd fly into the mirror. They always keep their distance from Anais now. Hehe. And that was only the second day we got them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by