Not for sale anymore...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kryptoniteqhs, Feb 9, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    No longer for sale.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    What is a string test?

3. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    it sounds stupid, but a lot of people swear by it and i think im becoming one of them...you tie a string to a ring and hold it over the chick or egg even and if it goes side to side its a pullet & if it goes in circles its a cockerel

4. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    OMG I remember my sisters doing that over their pregnant bellies... LOL thanks for the reply.

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Just wanted to say hey. I am from Berkeley Springs. [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    With the string test....you ever wonder why it DOESN'T work when you tie the piece of string with the weight onto an immobile object then put the chick underneath?

Try this:
    Put the chick in a small container so it can't move. Then tie the piece of string with the rock, pencil, ring, whatever to an immobile object such as a nail in a wall, doorknob, something. Maybe even a chair if you have a long piece of string. The string won't move unless you put some motion into it...this shows that the only way to get the results, is if another object interferes with the natural order. (You influence the results.)

7. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    thanks for the tip!

8. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    I have been doing some test with the string thing and have used people that had no idea what they were doing so that they would not be tempted to make the string go a certain way and it worked over 90% of the time.It has been 100% never wrong on humans with me and way up there on chicks.I have my first batch of eggs in the incubator now that I tested so I am waiting on those results.I am pretty convenced and I am usually hard to convence at most things.It has never been wrong on an adult chicken also in my test.

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    But have you tried it while the string is attached to a stationary object?

10. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    i havent, but will have to try....i know its already very acurate...cant wait till i try it this new way

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by