Not getting along

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by fabatising, Mar 11, 2013.

1. fabatising

fabatising New Egg

Mar 11, 2013
    hi i have two new hens iv introduced to my old hens iv got but there getting bullied badley iv took out the bossy hen but then the two new ones bully my two old ones my old hens wont let them outside at all and i dont know what to do!

2. JBarringerNC

JBarringerNC Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got the same exact problem my friend, except the aggressor is a little Buff Cochin Roo that has a serious little man complex and wants these hens for himself (and he's gonna kill em' if he cant have em;)

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    If they aren't drawing blood, leave them to it. Make sure they've got plenty of space and provide an extra feed and water bowl so they aren't getting bullied away from the food. All you're doing by removing birds is prolonging the ugliness. Its hard to watch them work it out, but they've got to do it. Good luck!
    Nikki

4. fabatising

fabatising New Egg

Mar 11, 2013
    thanks for the help but they have drawn a little blood iv took out the top hen and the others are getting along fine [​IMG]

5. fabatising

fabatising New Egg

Mar 11, 2013
    hi JBarringerNC i hope your roo sorts out his little man complex soon maybe hes just a bit over exited about how many hens he has all to himself lol

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by