Not ging to believe this

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Henny peeny, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    My husband's daughter called DSS (Dept. of socail Services CHILD WELFARE) and said the grand mother had no running water and a hole in the house the grand mother called us saying that they were to take the kids which was at her house so a socail worker came and JUST TALKED to my husband which raced over to the grandmother's house we don't live far from her. He showed the papers from the lawyer that states they are not to be removed from our custody and a few other things the guy looked through all the stuff and my husband told them other things that didn't put his daughter in the best veiw.

He said she had been in Lenoir NC since before Aug. and we have had the kids since now straight with no going back for at least 6 months?? but she was getting a check for the one which the daddy has passed 4 years ago but she has been getting the check and nothing spend on the kid it is for. The guy said fruad so then when I go to Socail Security I am sure she will have to show where all the money has gone not sure of fraud since she changed the address but she didn't have the kids with her so they might do fraud to then there is food stamps and this may cause fraud charges and if she has 3 counts which all is a felony I am not sure if she will be in jail.

I was going to but my husband said to just leave it as it was so now he says once she has did this she might of shot her own foot. What do you think did she shoot her own foot?

We have a lawyer and we are working with him updating anything that happens he seems to think all is well. I just want to get the 5th of Jan over and get the kids sttled after that I am sure well I hope that the oldest is not brought in it will be hard for her to say anything against her mother. I also told the socail worker that the oldest has been watched by someone that has ben accused of child molesting we can't say he has did it but to be aware and if some one can talk to the oldest maybe we can find out. she has so much in her head it is so sad what her mother has told her and how she has been treated.

Cross your fingers nothing goes wrong and we get full custody of the two kids the one is the one I told your has post traumatic stress syndrome from being bounced around from place to place with babysitters. we had them go to the grand mothers on the week ends but they are with us mostly or I should say me mostly.

Rhayden

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    It does sound like fraud, I doubt she will be prosecuted though as most social programs are weak on enforcement. There is too much to gain by having more folks on the programs then not.

Hopefully they will get to a stable home eventually.

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I hope it all works out for the kids.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    It sure is a crazy world, huh? I hope everything turns out fine for your grandchildren and you as well.

My step daughter came home pregnant last year (only 20 and she had dropped out of high school and moved out long ago). She had her baby, then when she went for child support, the boy she thought was the father was NOT the father according to DNA testing....This boy was her STEP BROTHER from her mom's third marriage.....I am so glad he's not the father because that is SO JERRY SPRINGER! But now, another boy she says is daddy has to be tested......Such drama......They've already moved out (boring and normal at our place), and she hauls that baby around like a little gypsy. We miss him. He's adoreable. She's planning to move back, but who knows when. She says she's not being treated well at her mom's since the baby isn't her step brother's.......Hard to keep straight I know....

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one to have problems with your kids having kids.......And to give you a big hug! [​IMG] For some reason, it helps to know you're not the only one with family problems...You're not alone!

Sharon

5. Henny peeny

May 4, 2007
    NC
    yeah I am sorry to hear of your woes, At least the litte tyke goes with her and not to ANY BABYSITTER I had a hard time trying to leave knowing what these kids would have a life of. believe me it was not easy I talk to all of you and my son though mentally chalanged he is wise and has helped me out in thinking of what to do I talked to a female friend and a male friend ad all said to move when I got back I I told him I was gone and no talk but we did it was unfair not to then we decide to try to workl things out, then his daughter said if I stay then she will not bring his grand kids or she would not come near him so then we decide to break up the marriage he told her and even if I was gone she still would not come to her kids so then he decide to take custody of the kids.

I feel this is the only way they may have a desent home life and not be bounced around we saw the therapist and she is going to write that the kids would benefit to stay with us. We have to see the shrink ( I mean no disrespect on how I word things I can't spell well) and I hope the shrink will state about the Post truamictic stress syndrome and it is from the kids being bounced around. I didn'[t sign up to be the parents of these kids I didn't want to raise her kids but as my husband says you do what you have to do.

Sharon I hope your step can find the daddy but I don't know how it will work as far as maybe child support, if he has no job or as I was told the court will decide and it could be 50 or 5,000 depending and I know I would want as much as it can be but if he can't pay then he can't But I was told if the guy comes onto some thing his folks left him in moneyb or income tax then the support is taken from that.

I feel for the kids if they had been with us all a long maybe they would not be messes up I don't think we can fix them but if things get better might that be good. I have one thing to ponder what of they are with us any time frame say a year at least maybe more and the kids don't want to live with their mother and stay with us then what do we have to send them back if they don't want to, I donn't think this would happen and I am to think way more then I should but I think this could happens one day I don't see their mother getting any further then she is not she is 29 gone to college but the last time dropped out due to being arrested she can get a job I don't know I think we will have the kids till they are 18 or longer depending on how we raise them their mother I am sure is gonna put a wrench in thing since she tell the oldest things I am not sure what things but I am almost sure nothing good one we have custody we may have to do something about it I would never stop them from seeing her but if she can't act right then....................................

Oh thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

Rhayden

6. Henny peeny

May 4, 2007
    NC
    anyone know what fraud charges carry? there is one I know of with the check but it it fraud if she can't show where the money went and the food stamp card if fraud to so if she had 3 accounts is this jail? and do they have like felnony 1 2 3 and is it like the misermeanors ARRGGGG now I worry how this will affect the kids if their mama goes to jail for a while did we open a can of worms that might be able to not be opened. The kids have been trhoug enough I care very much for the kids and their well being anyone can shed some ligh ton this I know I sound like I am having cold feet I know it is the right thing to do BUT how do you explain things likie this to the kids well one she understand all of it. I hate to hurt her anymore then she has been hurt in the past.

ANYONE PLEASE

Rhayden

7. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    The courts do not usually prosecute social program fraud for a few reasons, one they never get repaid and two they want to keep the door open for people to apply and so it most likely will be excused.

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:This line here makes me angry.

How can you accuse someone of something you DON"T KNOW TO BE TRUE? Why do I take issue with it? Because I was once accused by the father of a girl we had temporary custody of. The cops and the SS worker showed up at my door and when questioning the girl with her mother in private, her reply was . "he doesn't do that he loves me".

I won't say anymore but I'd like to.

Rancher

9. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Rancher, my BIL was put through the same thing by a naive sympathetic school counselor over "verbal abuse" the counselor bought my nieces' story hook line and sinker. She is an adult now and spent 3 years in prison for drug related crimes. My BIL still cannot get away from the stigma attached with the whole ordeal by the counselor and her circle of freinds. His mistake was trying to dicipline her as he puts it when my sister wouldn't.

10. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Rancher: Regrettably, I must agree with you. Regrettably, because over the past several years the accusation of child molestation has become the accusation du jour and it is used by angry spouces against each other even when they know that there is not a shred of truth in it. It is used too often as a method of revenge, when, again, the accusation is totally false. The real problem with all of this is that child molestation is a real issue that has horrible connotations and when the accustion is actually true there is a hesitation in believing it because people have cried wolf with it too many times. It has become an easy accusation to make and for the person being accused it is a high mountain to climb to prove that it is not true and even then the stain always remains.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by