1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not Golden Laced Wyandotte...What is it? EE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by boydbrookfarm, Sep 30, 2011.

1. boydbrookfarm

boydbrookfarm New Egg

Sep 30, 2011
    Hi All,

Newbie here, but have been lurking the forums for a while. We got our day old chicks a week before Easter and 6 were supposed to be Golden Laced Wyandotte. As time went by I began to question the breed of one of them and by mid summer I was sure that she was not a GLW, and it was speculated that she was an EE. She is laying a greenish/bluish egg. These pics are from several months ago when she was a pullet. If needed I can take new pics. I would love to find out what she is as she is my mystery bird. We started with what was supposed to be 6 GLW, but was actually five + a mystery, 4 Black Australorp, and 4 Red Stars. Neighbors dogs attacked about 3 weeks ago and we lost three (one Red Star--our most friendly bird Sunshine, one Black Australorp, and our prettiest GLW). So we began with 14 and are down to 11. Any insight on the breed of the mystery bird? Thanks in advance!

I do apologize that these aren't the best pics. Her legs are greenish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is in the middle in this pic
    [​IMG]

She is behind the first GLW here (from front to back)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    She is definitely an Easter Egger

3. boydbrookfarm

boydbrookfarm New Egg

Sep 30, 2011
    Quote:Thanks, I was thinking so, but could find no pics of any that looked similar.

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Check out those sexy green legs! EE. She might make you some beautiful blue/green eggs.[​IMG]

5. boydbrookfarm

boydbrookfarm New Egg

Sep 30, 2011
    Quote:Yes, she is laying blue/green eggs. They are beautiful! Hmmm.... now I think I'll check out how cold hardy the EE is. Thanks!

6. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    I bet she has GLW in her background. She is super cute!!

7. boydbrookfarm

boydbrookfarm New Egg

Sep 30, 2011
    Quote:I think she has GLW too. She is a sweetie.

8. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    I have one that was supposed to be an EE, but appears to be a single combed SLW cross. She is white but similarly patterned with the black "tips"on the feathers.

9. boydbrookfarm

boydbrookfarm New Egg

Sep 30, 2011
    Quote:Now that she is full grown her feathers are really unique! I should take some new pics...

10. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    All my EEs have been cold hardy here in Minnesota. She is very pretty and the colorful eggs are a bonus!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by