Not Hatching ????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kyle E, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Kyle E

Kyle E Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Liberty, Pennsylvania
    I have amerucana eggs in my incubator, my incubators is a Rcom-20, i have the temperature at 99.5 and the humidity at 59%. They werer supposed to hatch today but nothing yet, some were rolling a little, but that was at 2 am this morning, nothing yet since. I'm curious what could be going on. Please comment.

2. Cranman

Cranman Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2010
    Sanford NC
    I have heard many people having hatches on day 22 thru 25

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    What day are they on?

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Just be patient, they will hatch. I know it is soooo hard to wait but they are doing fine! Just remember to leave the bator alone. Go shopping, get out of the house for a while or whatever you need to do to take your mind off of the eggs. Mine hatched two to three days late so sometimes it just takes time. Good luck on your hatch! [​IMG]

5. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Hang in there.....they will hatch when they're good and ready. Sit on your hands if you have to but don't open the bator! I've had plenty of chicks hatch at day 22 or later. It may feel late...... but it's not, it's fine! Is this your first hatch?

6. Kyle E

Kyle E Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Liberty, Pennsylvania
    Ok the eggs are moving but they just haven't cracked yet. Um this isn't the first time I've hatched eggs. But I haven't seen one hatch in a while i think thats why I'm excited and can't wait but I'm trying to do stuff to keep my mind off of them. Today is day 21.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    SOundsl iek everything is OK

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    If they're rocking then I wouldn't worry. I bet you'll have chickies later this afternoon or tonight..or tomorrow morning! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by